Ups and a golf cart

Slick silver

Wish I could of gotten a picture of it this morning, but while delivering my p1 I drove by a UPS driver delivering in a gas powered golf cart with a small trailer in a residential area. I wonder how well it will work out during peak doing this

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The concept is quite simple. UPS rents a garage, bid driver drops off packages, helper on golf cart delivers out of garage. Makes a lot of sense.

There is some question as to whether this person should be considered a helper as he/she is working on their own.

SmithBarney

Yup, They do it near me too, except the rent the big shipping containers, drop the freight and run about 5-6 carts out of each container... they have in my estimate about 6-9 of these containers scattered about.

whenIgetthere

UPS drops a container at the local VFW here, and runs quite a few of the gold carts out of it. On my area, it's for an area where it is all residential, except a few businesses around the VFW, and no major intersections.

Slick silver

I'm just surprised ground contractors haven't thought about doing this. Of course how many ground drivers would probably drive those things into a pond or such lol