UPS and Facebook

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Facebook is a great resource to store pictures.
So is the computer you use to access Facebook.
I was on it for a couple of years and then started wondering why the hell I needed to see photos of what people I went to high school with were having for dinner. Why was I "friends" with folks who I hadn't seen in 30 years? Why did they need to know my business? Why did I have to know theirs? Why was I looking at a photo of a stupid cat? Why did this person keep asking me to send them coins for some game? Who was this person asking me to accept their friendship? Woo hoo, John Doe liked my post!! Wait, who the hell is he anyway? Sorry, not for me.

Overpaid Union Thug

I was on it for a couple of years and then started wondering why the hell I needed to see photos of what people I went to high school with were having for dinner. Why was I "friends" with folks who I hadn't seen in 30 years? Why did they need to know my business? Why did I have to know theirs? Why was I looking at a photo of a stupid cat? Why did this person keep asking me to send them coins for some game? Who was this person asking me to accept their friendship? Woo hoo, John Doe liked my post!! Wait, who the hell is he anyway? Sorry, not for me.
Agreed. The only only thing I miss about Facebook is the ability to keep track of friends that live far away without having to call them. LOL! And I guess it was a good option for when I'm sitting in a waiting room waiting for a doctors appointment or while I'm waiting for my wife to try on clothes in the mall. LOL! People that post anything and everything (pictures of food for example) are in desperate need of attention.

I understand your point. Some people need social media. I like Facebook. I love brown cafe. I am in love with Twitter. Facebook is for friends and family. Browncafe is for my sanity and twitter is for my divide and conquer. Like the poster before me said different strokes for different folks.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Facebook is a good tool to keep in touch with family and friends that you care to keep in touch with. Good way to share photos of the kids with their grandparents, etc.

I personally adopted a no co-workers policy after I saw some people get jammed up by it at a previous company. I have only "friended" 1 ups guy on facebook and that was not until he was no longer with UPS (cool as hell part time sup).

oldngray

nowhere special
funny-Facebook-stalkers-cover.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Just ran across the Screw UPS news wire page. They seem pretty lame.
I stayed on Facebook up until contract negotiations ended. I was a member of the vote no page and it was entertaining to say the least. Lots of rabid little children but I heard contract info there sometimes days before it got out to the rest of the country. Our steward didn't tell us the contract had been settled (forced) until two or three days after it was on the vote no page.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

I stayed on Facebook up until contract negotiations ended. I was a member of the vote no page and it was entertaining to say the least. Lots of rabid little children but I heard contract info there sometimes days before it got out to the rest of the country. Our steward didn't tell us the contract had been settled (forced) until two or three days after it was on the vote no page.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I got all that info here on the BC.