UPS and Guns

T

therodog

im NOT a SEAL, i WISH..im fascinated by them. My friend is in VA Beach. . Oh ye, suzi, you never post a picture of anyone without their permission, i dont care, but some people might get offended. Also that is me a few years back, and haven't done ant seti stuff in a while. Those are my friends guns, and decided to make a funny picture. Im not a gun fanatic, i just like to go to the range on weekends and plink. Im into collecting old military rifles, like mosin nagants, Enfield, etc.
Suzi, i dont believe everyone should have AKs, etc...they are not for everybody, but they are fun to shoot. And also, i cant remember who said it, but the "gun show Loophole", the background checks SHOULD be used. Im so sick of the bad guys screwing it up for the good law abiding citizens.

O

ok2bclever

I don't know, I think the NRA has slipped beyond the mainstream with some of the crap that comes out of it and I can no longer support it verbally or with dues.

Law enforcement is logistic tokenism for sure, but because of the loopholes, as therodog mentioned regarding good ole boy gunshows and the like laws basically don't exist and any scuzzo "not taking my drugs today" bozo can walk in and pick up the piece of their choice and the ammo for it for later afternoon use.

Now that is what I call too liberal.

S

susiedriver

danny,

You said "Per capita brits and canucks have 2X the assaults" This is a lie. The real figures are Canada 7.11 per 1000. UK 7.45/1000 USA 7.56/1000.

You said:"Per capita Canada and Great Briton had 2X the numbers of rapes than the USA" This is another lie UK .14/1000 USA .30/1000.

What's the saying? Figures lie & liars figure?

Do you support Darren "therodog" and his 'Stormfront.org'?

H

hadenough

Do I believe you have the right to bear arms? yes

Do I think people should be allowed to own 35 guns? no, there should be a limit. A lot of the guns criminals get are from burglaries of a gun owners house where multiple guns are taken by a junkie who sells them for dope. These take place when the gun owner is not home and usually done by someone familiar with someone in the gun owners family at some time. One addict who knows "Johnie's" dad down the street has a bunch of guns can arm 20 or 30 or 40 criminals in one shot.

Criminals never have permits and have never obtained the guns they carry legally.

As for criminals having more rights. They do! WHY because the ACLU and a small % of the population (the bleeding heart) have somehow convinced the politicians their opinion is the majority. Until the vast majority stands up together and says to the politicians that we do not support this and we will not support you unless you change this - NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

E

ezrider

Personally, I think one of the best things UPS ever did was putting an end to the ground shipments for guns years ago. If there's one thing I don't miss it's having to put up with those backwoods nickel-shooting trailer trash hicks who after two dozen times couldn't grasp the idea that COD's meant that they had to pay THE ENTIRE AMOUNT before getting the package rather than half up front and the rest when and if they could peddle the stuff at the next flea-market sale.

I can remember one of them who's shaky hold on reality got in the way of common decency when he accused me of JACKING UP THE AMOUNT of the COD in what he concluded was an attempt by me to make some cash on the side at his expense and that I should reconsider or he'd sick his pit bulls on me. Maybe if he had sold a few of the junked cars in his yard for scrap, he might have been able to come up with the $30 and change it would have taken to do the deal. Maybe 1 out of 5 wasn't a total dipsht if a driver was lucky. Most were just not worth the time. Maybe the company thought the same as well back then.

S

switchoff

therodog "Oh ye, suzi, you never post a picture of anyone without their permission, i dont care, but some people might get offended."

umm, buddy, you posted a picture of yourself on the public internet, she just posted a link to it. pull the picture if you don't want to be seen toting a bunch of assault rifles.

U

upsdawg

The right to bear arms-ABSOLUTELY!! How many---that is a good question-----the constitution says it is our right to bear as many arms as we feel necessary to defend ourselves.

It is also the responsibiltiy of the gun owner to store the guns in a safe place-----maybe if they don't they should be arrested for "providing for the endangerment of society?"

The biggest problems is that criminals have guns--and they are using them--car jacking--home invasion robberies are on the rise in my area---so you are forced to keep a firearm for protection of your family. I have a handgun and some hunting rifles---but my favorite is a .22 caliber pellet gun---------real quiet!!

S

susiedriver

upsdawg,
I have no problem with gun ownership, but I doubt that it does much to stop crime. One could argue that if everyone had a gun, the criminal would be more likely to shoot first in any crime. In the new best seller "Freakonomics" it is argued that legalized abortion has had more to do with the drop in crime than increased policing.

I see no reason for an ordinary citizen to have a hoard of military weapons.

T

therodog

Upsdawg great post, yes, the person with the guns should have them locked up, but unfortuantly, some dont. Have as many as you want, but you must lock them up.

T

therodog

some stuff. I think everyone has good and bad views. Did you quit UP$? I was looking at peoples profiles.

(Message edited by therodog on August 24, 2005)