UPS and the rest of the world.

entensity

Drivers make 7 k a month. What are you talking about? SEPs?

You're telling me a retired UPS driver makes 7k a month after retirement? haha

In my center it's $100 for every full time year. $50 for part-time

SEP is a Simplified Employee Pension Plan (I have my own business and work part-time at UPS, was a driver)

Re-Raise

You're telling me a retired UPS driver makes 7k a month after retirement? haha

In my center it's $100 for every full time year. $50 for part-time

SEP is a Simplified Employee Pension Plan (I have my own business and work part-time at UPS, was a driver)

Are we taliking about retired drivers? I have made over a million working for UPS and anything I recieve in pension when I retire is a bonus.
I also have other business interests and work full-time.

I pay nothing into my pension Skippy, how much do you pay into yours?

Was a driver = fail.

weren't you bragging about what a "fast" driver you were a while back?

Last edited:

bellesmom

Go to any after work gathering in the country and everyone will be venting, whining etc. When I tell a stranger what I do for a living they are always impressed. It is what you make it.

I hate to wilt the feel good flowers on the threads, but people are less impressed when they hear what has been done in certain areas to 22.3s with record profits. We have a different view.

entensity

Are we taliking about retired drivers? I have made over a million working for UPS and anything I recieve in pension when I retire is a bonus.
I also have other business interests and work full-time.

I pay nothing into my pension Skippy, how much do you pay into yours?

Was a driver = fail.

weren't you bragging about what a "fast" driver you were a while back?

The question isn't how much you made, it's how much you have you still have in the bank. You speak as though a million dollars is a lot of money haha

Yeah I was a fast driver and got tired of the BS. Now I can drive when I want and have free insurance. So no, I didn't fail at anything.

I max my pension (SEP) out every year because that is money I don't pay taxes on and never will.

So Skippy how much in taxes will you pay in the pension you don't put anything in? I know I won't pay anything for mine.

Re-Raise

The question isn't how much you made, it's how much you have you still have in the bank. You speak as though a million dollars is a lot of money haha

Yeah I was a fast driver and got tired of the BS. Now I can drive when I want and have free insurance. So no, I didn't fail at anything.

I max my pension (SEP) out every year because that is money I don't pay taxes on and never will.

So Skippy how much in taxes will you pay in the pension you don't put anything in? I know I won't pay anything for mine.

Where to begin?

I guess your point is that a million isn't much money , but you work part - time for about $50 a day. Voluntary contributions to a tax deferred plan are fine, I do that in addition to having UPS contribute almost $400 a week for me.

And you can say it anyway you want, but you failed as a full-time driver.

My wife has made a similar income as me over the last 25 years and I own our 500 acre family farm , so any concerns you may have over my financial well being are unfounded.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How can you live off 3k a month?
Very comfortably. My home and lifestyle may be modest when compared to other FT drivers but that is by choice. I don't have a lot of toys but I also don't have a lot of debt. My pension is projected to be $5,500/month, my SS will be $1,200/month (I plan on receiving payments as soon as I am eligible) and my 401k will sitting there building interest until I am forced to start withdrawals at 70 1/2 (why is everything with a 401k in 1/2 increments?). I will be eating the good cat food when I retire.

dillweed

Right after I started at UPS, 18 years ago my husband's uncle told me "don't ever quit that job".

He was of the after WWII, raising a family after the war era and had experienced the time when companies took care of their long-term employees. I don't know whether he sensed a downturn in the economy or whether he just knew that value of a union job with a strong company.

The way he looked me in the eye that day and the tone of his voice has never left my memory. I've had rough days, weeks and months with UPS but have held on. Now, during the recent economic disaster I've had a job and knew I would continue to have a job. Yes, hours were cut a bit and the atmosphere has gotten nastier but the benefits, paycheck and job security are still here.

Those of us who work for UPS are very fortunate. Thanks Uncle Bob.