UPS and wage garnishment

I was involved with a current UPS driver. This driver has a debt that is not being honored. I have all relevant documentation, ie., medical report as well as text messages promising payment regarding said debt. I also have the included promise to pay dates. I have not been paid and really need to know whom to speak with regarding a possible garnishment of wages. I have been informed by the driver in question as to his individual test results. I have read in the forum that there are very specific guidelines regarding drivers and their assumed debts. I would like for someone to please inform me as to the proper Director at UPS regarding the actions of Mr. T* R*. I am posting here because I was threatened by R* with one of your union attorneys.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should report this to your attorney, not a website.
Get an attorney.
Judging by the picture you posted, I guess you are one more sexist pig working at UPS...nice rep this company is getting.

This forum addressed such issues as garnishments, an as I had stated one of your fellow drivers threatened me with one of your Union's attorney's, I am trying to get an answer from one of your superiors as to your company's policy in this matter, seeing if we can solve this "in house" rather than dragging the courts and "public record" into the situation..I don't need obvious smart ass advice.

over9five

Staff member
Judging by the picture you posted, I guess you are one more sexist pig working at UPS...nice rep this company is getting.

This forum addressed such issues as garnishments, an as I had stated one of your fellow drivers threatened me with one of your Union's attorney's, I am trying to get an answer from one of your superiors as to your company's policy in this matter, seeing if we can solve this "in house" rather than dragging the courts and "public record" into the situation..I don't need obvious smart ass advice.
I'm also a Moderator on this website who only tried to help you with advice. With an attitude like yours, it's no wonder you're in this predicament.

UPSGUY72

I was involved with a current UPS driver. This driver has a debt that is not being honored. I have all relevant documentation, ie., medical report as well as text messages promising payment regarding said debt. I also have the included promise to pay dates. I have not been paid and really need to know whom to speak with regarding a possible garnishment of wages. I have been informed by the driver in question as to his individual test results. I have read in the forum that there are very specific guidelines regarding drivers and their assumed debts. I would like for someone to please inform me as to the proper Director at UPS regarding the actions of Mr. T* R*. I am posting here because I was threatened by R* with one of your union attorneys.

Only the state, Fed or courts can garnish wages. Unless it's child support you going to be sol as for a garnisment. You could sue him and a court could tell you he owes you but collecting again is going to be another problem..

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

Best of luck to you. In order to garnish anyone's wages, be it UPS employees or otherwise, you need a judgment. This means you'll have to drag it into the courts and public record. No company is going to offer to garnish wages based on your text messages. The Driver, if he is a Union Member, has access to the Teamster Legal Plan which means he has free legal services. So you might want to keep this in mind before suing and decide if it's really worth it. In many States, even if your case qualifies for Small Claims either party can bump it up to Superior court which allows attorneys & can significantly increase your costs.

Over9 was correct. This is just a forum of employees. Not a hard definitive place for gospel advice. An attorney is the best advice we can give.

That being said, don't come into our house and call names over a pic you know nothing about. It's as rude as you're perceived feelings of sexism are to you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Small claims have a monetary limit based on whether you are suing an individual or a corporation/business. The only charge is the filing fee. This may be your best bet and, yes, the judgement you receive from a small claims action can be used by UPS to garnish his wages.

Over's avatar is from our thread on the summer Olympics. I happen to like it---does that make me a sexist pig as well?

check coming up but I should be able to send at least 100 and week after 200 then finish it with check after.; problem. Relax., if it's your mortgage your worried about I will send you 300 by aug 3, and the other 164 on aug 10 . don't get so bent out of shape it will

These are two of the multiple promises received from one of your drivers. I really don't appreciate being threatened by your driver either. I consider it unethical to threaten me with a union attorney and told I "would be crushed by his power at UPS." You are correct, an attorney would be the most appropriate route, but given the other posts regarding garnishments, it looks like UPS is fair and just. The amount in question is over 500.00. I feel like someone at your company should be aware of the behavioral pattern of this man. Which is why I asked for information about a Director at UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

check coming up but I should be able to send at least 100 and week after 200 then finish it with check after.; problem. Relax., if it's your mortgage your worried about I will send you 300 by aug 3, and the other 164 on aug 10 . don't get so bent out of shape it will

These are two of the multiple promises received from one of your drivers. I really don't appreciate being threatened by your driver either. I consider it unethical to threaten me with a union attorney and told I "would be crushed by his power at UPS." You are correct, an attorney would be the most appropriate route, but given the other posts regarding garnishments, it looks like UPS is fair and just. The amount in question is over 500.00. I feel like someone at your company should be aware of the behavioral pattern of this man. Which is why I asked for information about a Director at UPS.

Judge Judy

Judge Joe Brown

Thank you very much for your help. No, that in no way makes you a pig. I am just trying to be compensated for what this man did to me. I received a call from him informing me that he had tested positive for something which would have ruined me for life. So I am just trying not to add insult to injury and thank you for understanding.

Please read my post regarding what this man called me about and I am sure you can understand my grief. I apologize for any comment that may have offended you.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

What he does outside of work is your problem, not some guys in a cubicle. Get an attorney and handle it like an adult instead of coming on here acting like your problem is ours, cause it ain't. When you get advice from the few people that actually tried to help and didn't like it you bash them. I think there's more to this story than someone simply oweing you $500.00, I smell a spilt glass of crazy left out to sour.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

1-800-PICK-UPS or Google UPS Management Committee.
Directors at UPS is a mid-level manager position with no power so that is not what you want.