UPS, are you asking for it?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I pissed them off by knowing my contract. They felt slighted because they couldn't walk all over everyone on preload anymore. They were slighted because they couldn't make people wait for work off the clock. They felt slighted when I grieved every supervisor working. They felt slighted when they actually had to fix broken rollers because of the safety grievances I would file. They felt slighted when I got my job back for NOT STEALING ANYTHING. They felt slighted when some supervisor was the joke of the building because of that fiasco. They felt slighted when EVERYONE IN THE DISTRICT WAS LAUGHING ABOUT PACKAGES IN THE WOODS.(DR WOODS, running joke at airport). They felt slighted because they had to pay me double pay on payroll grievances. They felt slighted because of the rebuttal grievances I wrote for every warning letter given to anyone on preload, and now other shifts. They felt slighted because there is a steward on preload now, which there wasn't. They feel slighted knowing that I will help anyone with a rebuttal grievance, and win. They feel slighted that I am actually still here. They feel slighted, period. Why? Because they are :censored2:S. Oh, yeah. They get irritated when I look them in the face and say that. Think I don't? Talk to my co-workers.
I worked my ass off for these ungrateful bastards. Never again. They feel slighted because of that.
That is just a small example of how I piss them off. Check my file. Not one write-up. Not even the one ****** tried to fly by that had me written-up for not showing up to work on an unscheduled day. Had to get a Labor Division Manager to throw that one out. Do I have a bulls-eye on my back? Absolutely. If you knew my building, you wouldn't be blaming me. I am in the Black Hole.

There should be steward on our preload, but there isnt, its obvious why. They often try to keep all of them away from here doing other jobs ( far far away ). If there is one here to witness all the crap that happens on my side of the boxline, there would be grievances filled everyday just for no egress.

I recall trying to ask for a steward one day and my soup totally did everything in his power to not get one and wait till the mess was cleaned up and directed me to where I could find one after it was all said and done and wrapped.

I should file more often, but then again they will put that bullseye on you. But I would even say everyone has a target on them regardless that they are doing the right thing or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
UPS would give us another 5 years of raises so we can endure 5 more years of Telematics !
The contract has no teeth in this area and they'll keep turning up the dial til your cooked !
They will just raise prices to cover our wages.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What do you think would happen if this company went on strike again? I can tell you in our local, we have been preparing for it. We have a very, very large strike fund now, as well as another half million in liquid assets if needed. I assure you, we can wait it out!!!

My personal suggestion is that you as an individual have enough funds to last you for the length of a projected strike ... you can't trust the Teamsters anymore than UPS or any other business entity.
I think there is a snow ball's chance in hell of their being a strike but if a strike does occur... no one knows what comes out the other side for sure but for all UPSers, it will be worse.

UPS would give us another 5 years of raises so we can endure 5 more years of Telematics !
The contract has no teeth in this area and they'll keep turning up the dial til your cooked !
They will just raise prices to cover our wages.

As long as Fed Ex does that will probably work ... at some point, Fed Ex will not have to raise their rates to make an acceptable profit. Then UPS losses market share and Teamsters, along with non-Union UPSers, will be laid off or terminated and pensions reduced. That is the reality looming in front of all of us unfortunately.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There should be steward on our preload, but there isnt, its obvious why. They often try to keep all of them away from here doing other jobs ( far far away ). If there is one here to witness all the crap that happens on my side of the boxline, there would be grievances filled everyday just for no egress.

I recall trying to ask for a steward one day and my soup totally did everything in his power to not get one and wait till the mess was cleaned up and directed me to where I could find one after it was all said and done and wrapped.

I should file more often, but then again they will put that bullseye on you. But I would even say everyone has a target on them regardless that they are doing the right thing or not.
I bet my bulls-eye is bigger than your bulls-eye!!!!:bigsmile2::bigsmile2::bigsmile2:

tieguy

Banned

One of the benifits of this site is you get some honest feedback from both sides of the fence. taking a step back from our normal love taps I think you have some anger issues you need to get control of.
Believing in ups conspiracy theories fabricating discharges will have you so paranoid you will screw up and get yourself fired for something legitimate.

Re-Raise

I pissed them off by knowing my contract. They felt slighted because they couldn't walk all over everyone on preload anymore. They were slighted because they couldn't make people wait for work off the clock. They felt slighted when I grieved every supervisor working. They felt slighted when they actually had to fix broken rollers because of the safety grievances I would file. They felt slighted when I got my job back for NOT STEALING ANYTHING. They felt slighted when some supervisor was the joke of the building because of that fiasco. They felt slighted when EVERYONE IN THE DISTRICT WAS LAUGHING ABOUT PACKAGES IN THE WOODS.(DR WOODS, running joke at airport). They felt slighted because they had to pay me double pay on payroll grievances. They felt slighted because of the rebuttal grievances I wrote for every warning letter given to anyone on preload, and now other shifts. They felt slighted because there is a steward on preload now, which there wasn't. They feel slighted knowing that I will help anyone with a rebuttal grievance, and win. They feel slighted that I am actually still here. They feel slighted, period. Why? Because they are :censored2:S. Oh, yeah. They get irritated when I look them in the face and say that. Think I don't? Talk to my co-workers.
I worked my ass off for these ungrateful bastards. Never again. They feel slighted because of that.
That is just a small example of how I piss them off. Check my file. Not one write-up. Not even the one ****** tried to fly by that had me written-up for not showing up to work on an unscheduled day. Had to get a Labor Division Manager to throw that one out. Do I have a bulls-eye on my back? Absolutely. If you knew my building, you wouldn't be blaming me. I am in the Black Hole.

So if I am reading this correctly.. you are saying they felt slighted

Last edited by a moderator:

Highwayman

Don't worry about a strike. I'm sure Hoffa JR will start negotiations soon. It's a lot easier to get a target on your back than it is to get it off. Been there done that. If you want to last in this company a low profile is best IMO.

menotyou

bella amicizia
One of the benifits of this site is you get some honest feedback from both sides of the fence. taking a step back from our normal love taps I think you have some anger issues you need to get control of.
Believing in ups conspiracy theories fabricating discharges will have you so paranoid you will screw up and get yourself fired for something legitimate.
I understand what you are saying. I have been told in confidence by a certain person that another certain person does have it out for me for a specific reason that I am aware of. Nothing that could be written up for. I did nothing at all wrong. That is all I will say on the subject. I am not crazy. I am not the only person this person #2 has a "bulls-eye" on, either. I do not believe that it is company wide. It is extremely site-specific. I appreciate that I should probably shut up, though. I have whined enough. I do have a full time job at a good company that isn't going anywhere. I am a very lucky person. I do sometimes need a reminder of that. Thank you.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
My personal suggestion is that you as an individual have enough funds to last you for the length of a projected strike ... you can't trust the Teamsters anymore than UPS or any other business entity.
I think there is a snow ball's chance in hell of their being a strike but if a strike does occur... no one knows what comes out the other side for sure but for all UPSers, it will be worse.

As long as Fed Ex does that will probably work ... at some point, Fed Ex will not have to raise their rates to make an acceptable profit. Then UPS losses market share and Teamsters, along with non-Union UPSers, will be laid off or terminated and pensions reduced. That is the reality looming in front of all of us unfortunately.

I agree, the union was good for us for a little while. Now, it seems that UPS asks for something without giving anything back to the workers with the unions ok. A fair days wage for a fair days work, to laugh. UPS owns you, might as well tatto " property of the united parcel service " on our arms before it because part of the dress code.

I've seen this happening to UPS since I started working here. People ask too much, UPS denies or compromises, wages go out of control. Benefits get larger, retirement out of control. Thus UPS ends up like usps with no profit, all spending towards its workers. No reinvestment into the company, fedex gets larger. More demand on UPS, thus cant handle the load, people go elsewhere. Slowly, but surely, this company ( UPS ) will succumb to its own woes, and I bet ill see it within my lifetime.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I love watching people talk the tough talk as they play russian roulette. I'm at a point in my career where I have diversified my investments and I'm putting the last couple pieces in place for retirement. I really dont care what you folks do with the company after I am gone. If you want to put the gun up to your temple and pull the trigger then feel free to do so. Just spare me the Rambo rhetoric when you do so. I can only puke so much.

Where do you think your pension is going to come from smartypants?

PhatAzz

UPS owns you, might as well tatto " property of the united parcel service " on our arms before it because part of the dress code.

No one owns you - unless you allow it. You choose to stay or you choose to go.

People ask too much, UPS denies or compromises, wages go out of control. Benefits get larger, retirement out of control. Thus UPS ends up like usps with no profit, all spending towards its workers. No reinvestment into the company, fedex gets larger. More demand on UPS, thus cant handle the load, people go elsewhere. Slowly, but surely, this company ( UPS ) will succumb to its own woes, and I bet ill see it within my lifetime.

Let's see how it unfolds for General Motors = TaxPayers to the rescue

http://blogs.forbes.com/joannmuller/2011/01/14/gm-loosening-the-noose-from-its-massive-pension-plan/

"As General Motors has shrunk, its pool of U.S. retirees has swelled. Today there are almost 700,000 GM retirees and just 70,000 active workers, a 10-1 ratio. The company’s $100 billion pension fund is twice the market capitalization of the automaker itself, and keeping up with funding obligations acts like a ball and chain on GM’s core car-making business. Small swings in the value of the pension plan can have massive effects on the value of the company. “That’s no way to run a company,” said GM’s chief financial officer Christopher Liddell."

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Where do you think your pension is going to come from smartypants?

UPS Non-Union pension fund has very little UPS Stock in it and is adequately funded although hurt by the 2008 crash. Foresight and insight is good.
UPS making this move heavily influenced my decision to diversify.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
UPS Non-Union pension fund has very little UPS Stock in it and is adequately funded although hurt by the 2008 crash. Foresight and insight is good.
UPS making this move heavily influenced my decision to diversify.

I knew that from the start, so I really didnt want a 401k ( aka the golden handcuffs ), SO I started a IRA and rolling IRA ( frist year in ) . One thing Im good at is numbers ( as in money ). As they came up to me about a dollar a week for their united way fund, thats 52 dollars a year, its huge and it hurts. I'm the same way with my small paycheck every week. I've saved a huge amount within the past three years. Want to stike, im good for well over a year and more. So I dont care where its headed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I knew that from the start, so I really didnt want a 401k ( aka the golden handcuffs ), SO I started a IRA and rolling IRA ( frist year in ) . One thing Im good at is numbers ( as in money ). As they came up to me about a dollar a week for their united way fund, thats 52 dollars a year, its huge and it hurts. I'm the same way with my small paycheck every week. I've saved a huge amount within the past three years. Want to stike, im good for well over a year and more. So I dont care where its headed.

You have a cash reserve that would last well over a year yet $1/week, $52 per year, is huge??

Just curious, why do you call a 401k "the golden handcuffs"?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
No one owns you - unless you allow it. You choose to stay or you choose to go.

Let's see how it unfolds for General Motors = TaxPayers to the rescue

http://blogs.forbes.com/joannmuller/2011/01/14/gm-loosening-the-noose-from-its-massive-pension-plan/

"As General Motors has shrunk, its pool of U.S. retirees has swelled. Today there are almost 700,000 GM retirees and just 70,000 active workers, a 10-1 ratio. The company’s $100 billion pension fund is twice the market capitalization of the automaker itself, and keeping up with funding obligations acts like a ball and chain on GM’s core car-making business. Small swings in the value of the pension plan can have massive effects on the value of the company. “That’s no way to run a company,” said GM’s chief financial officer Christopher Liddell."

I know they dont "own" us, but it sure feels like it at times.

As for the other thing about GM, yea, thats what happens when a union gets everything it askes for by the workers, and then some. Those workers for GM where getting like 167$ an hour on average ( as a whole of a % from everyone ). I'd say a great paying job because America wants it that way. But the buisness person that owns it wants it done faster and cheaper, low and behold the way UPS is and has been and always will be. And why most of those buisnesses up anf left out of country. Why pay you or me 20$ an hour while the China men can work for 20$ a week.

America is all out of sorts of what the real "big picture" is. I hate to say it, but Micheal Moores captialism, a love story made some sense to me. Americans want too much for so little. They want it now, now, now and are unwilling to pay for it now, later or ever...