"UPS at it again"

New Englander

I've backed into a drive way of a known bad dog. Opened the rear overhead and tossed the package to the garage if the dog is out.

Screw them if they order something and keep the dog out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've backed into a drive way of a known bad dog. Opened the rear overhead and tossed the package to the garage if the dog is out. Screw them if they order something and keep the dog out.

I have also done this. I would pull in, lay on the horn, and when there was no response I would back as close to the garage as I could, open the overhead door, and do my best Michael Jordan impression, all the while Cujo is going nuts and trying like hell to break his chain.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
oh shoot , didn't read your whole post and hence didn't catch the bowling reference , didn't mean to try to steal your thunder.. I remember there was a Pete and Earl Webber. Was Earl the father (i think) or the son? If I remember, Pete Webber was the son and he was a leftie.

Big Babooba

The sad thing is the problem is not with him. Its with management because they turn their back on this unsafe behavior. This driver is probably 2 hrs underpaid and his management team loves it.

Problem is, he is a roll-away waiting to happen!
He's got that hand brake adjusted "just right". Hopefully he won't kill somebody. He better not try it with one of the Ford P1000s with the Lucas parking brake. The rear wheels would lock up and he would be kissing the windshield.

NJ12hrday

There was 2 people walking in front of the pkg car too. He was probably a sup pulling a sick load. we had a guy in our center that did some stuff like that but he used to burn every route up and they loved him for it. When he quit they had to put an extra split in. Anyway point is management loves it as long as its going their way. Once something happens the UPS brown bus is waiting for you to lay down.

Channahon

The behavior is a total lack of respect, not only for the customer, UPS, but the himself as well.

It's apparent he doesn't care about his personal safety, conducting himself in a professional manner, or how customers perceive service from UPS.

And just by watching that quick video, I would guess those are his methods, not an isolated incident. As drivers who use UPS methods are smooth in their routines.

This guy was real smooth, in the vehicle rolling, no seat belt usage, and sizing up delivery stop, to be able to throw that package as close to the house entrance, taking in the whole driveway.

It's a shame, as most of our drivers are well respected and customer orientated. After all, the customers are the ones who keep UPS in business to provide jobs in your communities.

P

pickup

Dick Webber and Pete Webber were father and son. Earl Anthony was the left handed bowler. I watched too many of ABC's wide world of sports on saturday afternoons.

Wow, yep ,you brought my memory back into focus. I used to watch the abc w.w of sports on saturdays for the bowling. Now I remember Earl Anthony. And now I remember Mark Roth. He and Earl had different styles., Earl less power, more control, Mark Roth, more power, more of a hook, but less control. Those two guys used to alternate for top dog over the years and it was always a pleasure to watch those two play against each other

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't think the vehincle was "moving". I think what yourseeing is the slight movement the automaic transmission gives hen you put it in park. Mine "floats" a little bit when you put it in park. Enough that I've even had cusotmers think it was going to roll away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow, yep ,you brought my memory back into focus. I used to watch the abc w.w of sports on saturdays for the bowling. Now I remember Earl Anthony. And now I remember Mark Roth. He and Earl had different styles., Earl less power, more control, Mark Roth, more power, more of a hook, but less control. Those two guys used to alternate for top dog over the years and it was always a pleasure to watch those two play against each other

I think it was Roth that picked up the 7-10 split the hard way--he threw the ball so hard at the 7 that it bounced off the curtain behind the pin drop and came up and took out the 10.

Remember Ernie Schlegel?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't think the vehincle was "moving". I think what yourseeing is the slight movement the automaic transmission gives hen you put it in park. Mine "floats" a little bit when you put it in park. Enough that I've even had cusotmers think it was going to roll away.
I disagree Cement. I watched the full screen view and that truck moved a good 2-3 ft as he was getting out of the truck. I do believe it is an automatic but if he's jamming that into park and it rolls that distance before stopping it's going to tear up the tranny in short time. I think what he's doing is putting into neutral and using the hand brake to come to a rolling stop. You can see in the full screen view that he is actually using the hand brake.

P

pickup

I think it was Roth that picked up the 7-10 split the hard way--he threw the ball so hard at the 7 that it bounced off the curtain behind the pin drop and came up and took out the 10.

Remember Ernie Schlegel?

I had to go to u-tube and type in ernie schlegel, found various incarnations of him, dressed up like evil kineval with something of an afro if you will and then i finally found the incarnation of him that I remember, short hair with normal clothes. I watched that abc bowlin when iwas young from 7 years of age to about 16(got my permit to drive) and then got my first job, at mickey d's . Although because i think the bowling season was in spring (at least televised) , there were a lot of times when the weather pulled me away from the television to go outside. Anyway, I seem to remember that ernie schlegel was somewhat emotional and would celebrate when he won, sometimes at the expense of his opponent

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Do you think that because maybe because of the camera or maybe its wide-angle lens it made the driveway longer than it seems? It seems like just a gentle toss, something I do everyday.

brownhorn

Do you think that because maybe because of the camera or maybe its wide-angle lens it made the driveway longer than it seems? It seems like just a gentle toss, something I do everyday.

Ummmm....if that's something you do every day, I suggest knocking it off. Ever heard of "hand to surface?" I've said it before, it's hustlers like this guy who find themselves at the panel, begging for their job. It's all yuks and grins til you get caught taking shortcuts.

brownrodster

The sad thing is the problem is not with him. Its with management because they turn their back on this unsafe behavior. This driver is probably 2 hrs underpaid and his management team loves it.

Problem is, he is a roll-away waiting to happen!

That truck is an automatic.... Not sure if he left it in drive and just threw on the e-brake... Or actually put it in park.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He obviously has had way too much practice at it!!!!!!!!

This is what Channahon was saying in her post. On-cars can always tell the drivers who follow the methods daily or the drivers who follow the methods only when they have someone in the jump seat. The guy in the video was very smooth so this is obviously something that he has done many times in the past. What did he save, maybe 5 seconds, 10 at the most?