UPS Background Check

kkmom

I was honest in the app! All of you are something else, seriously i should have know better than to post a question to try and get an honest answer

kkmom

Not just as in thats not bad.... just as in no big juicy details and yeah it was over 10 yrs ago and i dont even drink now, on once again thanks for being so friendly and helpful lol

kkmom

I asked the question because even though i am always honest i havent needed a background check since right after this happened. Being that its been. Over years i was hoping someone on here was gonna be nice enough to answer me honestly about how they do things ,,, guess i shouldve known better.. and for all you being jerks about it i am sure you are perfect and never made mistakes in your life at any point

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I asked the question because even though i am always honest i havent needed a background check since right after this happened. Being that its been. Over years i was hoping someone on here was gonna be nice enough to answer me honestly about how they do things ,,, guess i shouldve known better.. and for all you being jerks about it i am sure you are perfect and never made mistakes in your life at any point
These guys are animals and think they're perfect....
Btw what are you like 30-35?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Ok, so was it a felony or misdemeanor? Felony...might be a problem for UPS but it also depends on if the charge was deferred as a PROP case (meaning if it was the first and only offense, it gets a lower offense status and no prison or jail...basically a slap on the wrist)

Misdemeanor is basically a fine paid or community service, not really a big deal to UPSespecially if over 10 years old. I think UPS only concerns themselves with crimes of moral turpitude, property crimes, embezzelment, and violent crimes. And of course and vehicle crimes.

Does that help?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
scooby is right. i did not have to report misdemeanors on my app.

i believe it said felonies had to be reported if less than 10 years but that was 25 years ago.

read the fine print on your app before fessing up.

kkmom

Regardless of how far, the app you have to fill out asks if you've ever been arrested and if you've ever been convicted blah blah blah so if you're dishonest about it, even if they find out in 20 years you can be terminated. We've had supervisors who have been convicted of homocide get hired. Give it a shot, but be honest.
I was honest in the application process. Still haven't heard back so i guess im not getting it. It would be great if they would at least tell you and give the option of explaning the circumstances

wetleg

I applied for a job last spring as a loader and didn't get it and I'm guessing it's because I have a charge(it was dismissed) of embezzlement from 27 years ago. And yes just being charged without a conviction shows up on background checks. I'm currently in the process of getting it expunged from my record.

I assumed because I had worked as a driver helper last Xmas that I would be hired for sure. And I'm probably gonna do it next month as well. I think the hiring restrictions are much less strict for seasonal workers.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I highly doubt that a mistake you made 27 years ago kept you from being hired as a loader.
Not true Dave. Just had a guy on my route apply to be a PT preload. He has a felony from 25 years ago. They denied his application saying that it was policy now not to have any felonies or convictions on record to be employed at ups.

T

Turdferguson

I applied for a job last spring as a loader and didn't get it and I'm guessing it's because I have a charge(it was dismissed) of embezzlement from 27 years ago. And yes just being charged without a conviction shows up on background checks. I'm currently in the process of getting it expunged from my record.

I assumed because I had worked as a driver helper last Xmas that I would be hired for sure. And I'm probably gonna do it next month as well. I think the hiring restrictions are much less strict for seasonal workers.

How much money did you get?

km3

I was honest in the application process. Still haven't heard back so i guess im not getting it. It would be great if they would at least tell you and give the option of explaning the circumstances

I'm only guessing here, but did you two just fill out the application and wait for a call? If so, you should know that after filling out the application you have to use the application website to schedule a tour at the facility you're applying to. I fell into that trap myself a little over a year ago. Don't assume that you didn't (or wouldn't) get the job if you never even interviewed.

Not true Dave. Just had a guy on my route apply to be a PT preload. He has a felony from 25 years ago. They denied his application saying that it was policy now not to have any felonies or convictions on record to be employed at ups.

It must vary by region. A new guy started in my old area back in September that had a felony conviction. He was really happy to have this job. He was. But then he got into an argument with a supervisor that nobody really likes, and walked out. Fired for job abandonment.