UPS Bikers

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I ride with UPSers occasionally and I get e-mails and newsletters from various biker clubs and groups with strong UPS associations and I ran across a club around Cape Cod, Mass called United Riders.

I really like their patch ... look familiar?
UnitedRidersPatch-3x4.jpg

guinness413

..pretty cool..but i would never claim to be a UPS biker or a UPS anything..im a Skinhead..have a "crew"..but would never think to get more UPS skins to join(there are more than you might think)

Notretiredyet

Met a guy last year sporting that patch at a gas stop in MN on my way to the Sturgis Rally. Didn't stop and chat with him as I was on a mission to get some bucket list roads in before riding back to the rally. The guys in Local120 are set-up on Lazelle every year by the HD corporate exhibit, had some fun with those guys over the years too.

A

anonymous6

i got my nickname from the HAs in the 1980's because I was either riding my harley cross-country , up to Canada, down to Mexico, or driving my truck cross-country.

I've ridden with several clubs as a independant and was asked to prospect for one in Oakland and one in Florida but I wanted to stay free. Some of these clubs have more rules than UPS.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
That is a picture of a motor bike in Seattle that was used when UPS was called a Messenger Service. Notice the old riding boots next to it. That is from the real roots of UPS.

Notretiredyet

When I retire my plan is to do courier work for the company my wife works for. Going to use my bike to deliver IV medications, to hospice patients out state. They pay $200 to have packages 150 miles or less delivered and $300 for the ones between 150-300 miles away. The guy that does it now is planning the retire just around the time I'm going to leave UPS. I'm the first guy in line for his job.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
When I retire my plan is to do courier work for the company my wife works for. Going to use my bike to deliver IV medications, to hospice patients out state. They pay $200 to have packages 150 miles or less delivered and $300 for the ones between 150-300 miles away. The guy that does it now is planning the retire just around the time I'm going to leave UPS. I'm the first guy in line for his job.
Nice. I would love that job. Most importantly, I'd feel like I was helping someone, but getting paid to ride? That sounds like my dream job!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I just bought a 1200RT, I would love to find work delivering with it.
Nice bike. Once my kids college is paid for, I'm hoping to find something a little more comfortable, & be fuel injected. My bikes are old. I'm so done with rice rockets! Wife says I must be getting old because I want a gold wing.

A

anonymous6

mine is a 77 hog with close to 100k miles. needs a rebuild for the 3rd time. ( AMF )

rod

Retired 22 years
When I first retired I had a 2000 Honda Shadow 1100cc Ace Tourer. It was a nice bike but it got terrible gas milage for a bike--something around 25 mph. I used to ride it 95 miles day to work when I was flying as a fire spotter for the Dept. of Natural resources. I found out after the fact that the State of Minnesota only gives you 15 cents a mile if you ride a bike but 50 cents a mile if you drive your car. Whats up with that? My 2011 Ultra Classic Electra Glide gets 45-50 mph and is 10 times the bike the Honda was. The only "gang" I ride with is the Patriot Guard.

rod

Retired 22 years

Check out your plan carefully. Working in the delivery business after taking an early retirement (before 65) was a big no no a few years ago. I don't know if they relaxed the rules but check it out first. You don't want to risk your pension check over taking the wrong job.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
mine is a 77 hog with close to 100k miles. needs a rebuild for the 3rd time. ( AMF )
100,000 miles, & 100,000 smiles. I've got almost that many miles between my 2 bikes.
I really don't care what I ride. As long as I can get out, get the wind in my face, I'm a happy camper.
With that said, I'm getting tired of always having to fix something. Just as bad, we can put maybe 150-200 miles on in a day & I'm toast. That's ridiculous.
Ill probably get an HD this winter. I put about 1000 miles on a friends '07 street glide this summer. Never got tired of riding that & now that I've spoiled the wife with that, it's an easy sell.