UPS blacklist?

Brokedownandbrown

You really need to secure your belongs around your place. Thief in your area.
UPS would prefer to leave your package but will not pay unnecessary claims after the first one.
Its nothing personal just business.
Leaving a note will transfer the liability to you, so if the package comes up missing your loss.

outta hours

My main concern would be the issue that someone was stealing things off my porch. Customers dismiss that because they are not financially responsible for the loss. Only after they are inconvenienced with the possibility of no more driver released packages do they become interested in the process. Releasing packages without signatures is a service to the customer. If your house has been proven not to be safe enough to do that then you need to be home to accept the package. Or have it sent to an address where someone can. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

DS

Fenderbender
I have an idea.Do you have a nearby friend that would be willing to have your pkgs delivered?
Next door? 3 doors down?
Just change your address.

worldwide

Hi, sorry i know this will turn many of you off, but i do not work for UPS

But I have received packages from people like you for many many years without any issues.

I give my UPS guy Popsicles in the summer and random cookies and things when i see him, because i know how hard it is for you guys, and thanks for taking the beating that online retail has been pouring down on you

after over 5 years of living at my current address, i have never had a package stolen off my porch until this holiday season. i checked my delivery status, and it says delivered, and checked around with neighbors and around the house, nothing (i live in a mobile home complex in san jose).

called the company that shipped the item and told them i had not received the item and they went through an inquiry, called me etc. i suspect it has been stolen, but you know it hasnt ever happened in the past 5 years ive been here

my ups guy comes over today to deliver a couple packages and tell me that from now on my packages will require a signature. pretty much im being blacklisted for one occurrence of theft. we get a lot of low value packages delivered from amazon prime around 10-20 dollars mostly. and it has been great, been getting those packages like clockwork and left on the porch no problem, since no one is home, everyones always working

but now i have to be home to have a package delivered? is there a way to get off this black list?

i asked if i could put a box on the porch and he could deliver things to the box and i could have a lock on it, and he seemed unsure...

any help would be appreciated. just dont have the time to be home everytime we have a small package delivered. this whole thing makes me really sad.... i feel almost like i shouldnt have even complained to the store i purchased from and just ate the 150 bucks. i would much rather have packages delivered without any hassle

my ups guy looked pretty sad about it too, since our house is pretty easy to deliver to, and we get frequent packages. he knows us pretty well.

any advice would be really appreciated. have a great holiday season everybody, stay safe

Two options that offer solutions:

1. When you order something, ask the shipping company to select "Shipper Release" when they ship the package. This authorizes UPS to leave the package at your location without a signature. UPS: Shipper Release

2. Sign up for UPS My Choice and you will have visibility into all incoming UPS shipments. You will be able to electronically sign for packages which authorize the driver to leave the pacakge. UPS My Choice - Features

Both of these options offer solutions to your issue and you don't have to deal with contacting the driver, the local center or trying to make any "special deals" with anyone. You get the packages you want, when you want them and your driver gets to leave them on the first attempt - these solutions satisy both parties.