UPS book of records

Dustyroads

A few years ago I had a house on my route that had a driveway that was a record 1.25 miles long. It was rough, rutted, forded a little stream, crossing a pasture for more than a section (a section is one square mile). A couple years ago the house burned to the ground...the fire department couldn't make it down the drive.

rod

Retired 22 years
In 24 years, I've never had a lost time injury and only missed 2 scheduled days of work. The second missed day caused some retaliation. When I went back the next day, all of a sudden my route had become a "training" route, and I was forced off it for 30 working days.

Simular story here: Hadn't missed a day for the 1st 17 years- screwed my back up- went on work comp- center manager called after I had been gone about a week and called me every name in the book -told me right out that I was faking it and to "get my lying ass back to work". Thats about the time my "give a damn" vanished.

UPSGUY72

My wife and I both work at UPS for 20 years. She has not taken a sick day or been late for work at all in that time frame.

Just remembef to tell her that UPS doesn't give a rat a-- that you haven't taken a sick day or never been late. Your not going to get a bonus when you retire so you might as well take the time off and relax once in a while.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just remembef to tell her that UPS doesn't give a rat a-- that you haven't taken a sick day or never been late. Your not going to get a bonus when you retire so you might as well take the time off and relax once in a while.

Actually they do--they don't like paying her to work and then cutting her a separate check to pay her for her unused sick days. I think you may see this addressed in 2013 changing the policy from being paid for unused sick and personal days to use 'em or lose 'em.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Actually they do--they don't like paying her to work and then cutting her a separate check to pay her for her unused sick days. I think you may see this addressed in 2013 changing the policy from being paid for unused sick and personal days to use 'em or lose 'em.
Sick days? What is this strange language you speak? :wink2:

Most of us don't get sick days. Miss a day of work = No pay. :dissapointed:

brownrod

I get 5 paid sick days per year. If I don't use them they accumulate up to 400 hours or so. Any sick days accumulated above this they pay them out cash.

Some old timers get a great bonus when they retire. 400 hours of sickpay and all their vacation. Lot of money.

EmerCond421

Have this county road on my route 24 miles long that connects a state highway in my state to another county road in neighboring state. 1 and only ranch on that road 14.8 miles from our state hwy then their driveway is 1.5 miles one way!

UPSGUY72

We get 5 sick days and 3 personal days. Then you have the option of using 5 sick day or 2 sick days and 3 personal days for another week of vacation.

Dustyroads

Here where I come from, one can use those 5 sick days individually, or they can take them as an option week, paid at 50 hours straight time. To maximize my total days off, I choose to use the option week. Another "option" of the option week is to take the pay and work through it. That's pretty much the Central States deal.

EmergCond, man, you are a record setter, 1.5 miles is a heckofa driveway. I guess it's a little secret, your other record, "the nicest package car in the fleet".

raceanoncr

A couple years ago the house burned to the ground...the fire department couldn't make it down the drive.

Reminds me of a Larry the Cable Guy routine:

He lived out in the country. The house caught on fire. Fire department couldn't find it. So he hooked up the house and met em halfway.

Get it?