UPS bootcamp

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Returntosender, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

2. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc5a4805" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=49972210&amp;width=420&amp;height=245" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc5a4805" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=49972210&amp;width=420&amp;height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>MSNBC

3. rod

rod retired and happy

It don't look like any bootcamp went through. I didn't see anyone get hit or put into the dying cockroach position. I could have used one of those sling cranes at UPS on those days where the old butt was draggin.

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

hahahahahaha!

17 1/4 seconds.

5. feeder05

feeder05 Active Member

That package car look preatty empty...Must have simulated what it looks like at about 5:00. What a joke....

6. laffter

laffter Active Member

5:00pm on a light day with no pick-ups?

7. rod

rod retired and happy

That "slippery track" kind of reminds me of someone trying to wade through the BS.

8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

How old was this video? They were still using keys.

9. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

no handrail at the minute mark....

10. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

That slippy slide looks like fun! They could use one of those at every amusement park.

11. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I want a clear package car!!!!!

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

We've actually stooped sending drivers to Integrad and have gone back to training drivers on premises.

13. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Story aired yesterday. Assuming by the over the top nature of the training, I assume they would train you on a keyed, no power steering manual. The rest would just be gravy. And a big lol at the "slip and fall" simulator. of all the things I would really want to hammer home for a new hire, that would be at the bottom of the list. We get some decent winters here in Indy. Learned not to bust my ass on ice at a young age.

14. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

From what I hear, the pass/fail rate is awful, so then you are constantly in need of new hires. And probably have gotten rid of guys that would turn out to be good. Been at it 7 months, and still picking up little things here and there. Hell, knowledge of the area is numero uno in my book. And with that, all the methods easily fall into place.

15. UPSER110

UPSER110 Active Member

I spent a week there last summer, even had the same instructors in the video. It was a great learning experience.

16. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I find the emphasis on safety to be rather ironic, considering that the "training" is taking place in a vehicle from which basic safety features like a 3 pt seatbelt and power steering have been intentionally deleted by the company in order to save an insignificant amount of money. I would like to see the company demonstrate to the INTEGRAD trainees what will happen to them in the event of a head-on collision in one of these vehicles...when their face is propelled forward through the windshield and their jawbone is crushed and driven out through the back of their neck after impacting the steering wheel at high speed. Safety first!

17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Then where are you going to pee?!

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

In a restroom like the rest of the civilized world.

19. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

does bootcamp train the drivers to "run and gun" all day and then take their breaks and meal after returning to the building?

20. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

Typical management bs, calling it boot camp. Jesus these people see the world through warped lenses.