UPS bootcamp

gwood

thanks UPSER110....these idiots obviously never had the opportunity to go to Integrad. The instructors are great and are just trying to help you do a better job.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I noticed the guy who did not use the handrail, and was told "great job. The guy using a dolly for 2 pkgs, NOT. The guy in the final scene didnt release his parking brake, must not have had it on.....And the three in the front, lady sitting on the floor, no belt. Priceless.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Had a customer watch this show. Said he saw the clear side view of how to load a pkg car. He said to his wife, when the UPS driver shows up on our dock it looks like his truck was filled by a front end loader. Why do they put this stuff on TV just to embarrass those of us on the front line. Kind of like no left turns.

OptimusPrime

I noticed the guy who did not use the handrail, and was told "great job. The guy using a dolly for 2 pkgs, NOT. The guy in the final scene didnt release his parking brake, must not have had it on.....And the three in the front, lady sitting on the floor, no belt. Priceless.

She's not on the floor. It's one of those rare 3 seat cars I posted about last week. If you notice, there is padding on the bulkhead door. Maybe not a seat belt, seemed to be moving around a bit.

Cementups

Box Monkey
thanks UPSER110....these idiots obviously never had the opportunity to go to Integrad. The instructors are great and are just trying to help you do a better job.

No, us idiots were trained in a real life environment. Not in a fabricated cardboard box being instructed by a group of people whom most of which have never had a real day on the street in a UPS vehicle while out delivering for a 10 hour day.

brown bomber

brown bomber
where were the cameras, when I had to unload 250 stops in the middle of a parking lot and reload the entire car (with the approval of MGT) just to have a chance to get in under 12 hrs, while giving away 50 stops. It's all BS and smoke and mirrors, the media nor the public have a clue about what this job consists of

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Arrogant little prick, aren't you?

Integrad is a new development, so if you are a recent graduate of it then its a pretty safe assumption that you are in your early to mid 20's. In other words.... I was doing this job safely and efficiently back when you were wearing diapers. Now, there is certainly nothing wrong with the company giving out safety information, but if you stick around here for a few years you will find that there is a BIG difference betwen giving out safety information versus actually setting your employees up to have a safe and rational dispatch.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Aww, go easy on UPSER110. When he gets a couple of years under his belt--provided he lasts that long--and his cherry is smashed beyond his own belief, we'll see him back here...asking our advice on how come the more stops he does, the more he gets. He'll wonder why his knees make him feel 20 years older than he really is. And by then, he'll look back at the Intermad class and wonder how there can be such a wide chasm between that "class", and the street-level UPS business. By then, his wife will have gotten tired of his nightly bitching, and have left him for some guy down the street who gets off at 5PM, like almost everyone else.

No, people, let the world break his spirit naturally. No need to pile on to the inevitable.

UPSmeoff

I remember in the 90's when i first started driving....my initial 'training' was to drive my supervisor to the gas station for a cup of coffee. I ran some air that day, and the next a residential route with 150 stops. It was a pretty steep learning curve. Things sure have changed.

Justaname

I went to that same training center in the video. It's pretty stressful, but I think mostly because it's that next step from leaving the preload and finally getting ready to drive. They do the whole break you down and build you back up. Low test scores the first couple days and then magically you score above an 85 on Friday.

UPSER110

Aww, go easy on UPSER110. When he gets a couple of years under his belt--provided he lasts that long--and his cherry is smashed beyond his own belief, we'll see him back here...asking our advice on how come the more stops he does, the more he gets. He'll wonder why his knees make him feel 20 years older than he really is. And by then, he'll look back at the Intermad class and wonder how there can be such a wide chasm between that "class", and the street-level UPS business. By then, his wife will have gotten tired of his nightly bitching, and have left him for some guy down the street who gets off at 5PM, like almost everyone else.

No, people, let the world break his spirit naturally. No need to pile on to the inevitable.

haha, The job is what you make it, this will be my 5th peek (2nd driving). I already know the harder you work the more you get, I was sent out last night to help a driver that had 90 stops left at 8pm. He is a prime example of what not to do. I try to take it easy on my knees, I don't run and gun, and I always take my breaks. I do volunteer for extra work on occasion especially when my wife if working too (nurse, 12hr shifts). I know this isn't an easy job or a 9-5 job, but it is a job that pays well, doesnts require me to take work home, and I am paid for every minute I am there

browned out

The one trainee lifts without maintaining the natural curve of his back. He bends at the knees which is ok but he does not follow the correct lifting/ lowering tech. In the real world his pens and dr notices would fall out of his shirt pocket meaning he is putting himself in a posistion to get hurt. That empty see thru package car is a joke. I would love to have a clear package car so the public can actually see the real amount of work that is contained within it.

L

Loufan

It teaches drivers how to navigate the icy sidewalk? So you guys don't sit the package down and slide it up the driveway?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My Training Camp was awesome,I got a 2 day ride from a sup that knew nothing,used me as helper then on day 3 gave me 200 stops and a map!
Told me if I miss one,stuff one,or miss a pick up I was fired!
Then as a confidence builder,he told me that I sucked and wouldn't last a week here!!
he was fired for too much LADDDY time here and the numbers games !
that was 24 yrs ago and ,,Ummmm I'm still here LOSER !!!

Dracula

My Training Camp was awesome,I got a 2 day ride from a sup that knew nothing,used me as helper then on day 3 gave me 200 stops and a map!
Told me if I miss one,stuff one,or miss a pick up I was fired!
Then as a confidence builder,he told me that I sucked and wouldn't last a week here!!
he was fired for too much LADDDY time here and the numbers games !
that was 24 yrs ago and ,,Ummmm I'm still here LOSER !!!

Welcome to the club, you scumbag slug....That was always my favorite name. I wore it with pride.

Dracula

haha, The job is what you make it, this will be my 5th peek (2nd driving). I already know the harder you work the more you get, I was sent out last night to help a driver that had 90 stops left at 8pm. He is a prime example of what not to do. I try to take it easy on my knees, I don't run and gun, and I always take my breaks. I do volunteer for extra work on occasion especially when my wife if working too (nurse, 12hr shifts). I know this isn't an easy job or a 9-5 job, but it is a job that pays well, doesnts require me to take work home, and I am paid for every minute I am there

Sounds like that driver is an example of WHAT to do. Work at your own pace, then let the burners come clean up the gristle. Tell that man I said, "Hey! Keep up the good work!"