UPS BOUND

chargerlou

Don't care anymore ! Just over 6 yeats with fedex express appllied last week for pkg handler for ups. 10 $ VS FedEx bullcorn. 10 $ an hour wins for me!

chargerlou

I know of less experienced couriers such as from Lone star going to ups paying their year handling and now laughing. Their way to bank $20 plus an hour! Do what u want and let me do what I want !!!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
After more than 3 decades I don't want anything more to do with this crappy business - regardless of the $...once I'm out of here I don't ever want to see another package, delivery vehicle (package car), CTV (feeder) courier - whatever, I don't care what the color of the uniform is. I'm done with it. Best of luck to you, I hope you get your foot in the door at Brown and score yourself a decent career there.

chargerlou

After more than 3 decades I don't want anything more to do with this crappy business - regardless of the $...once I'm out of here I don't ever want to see another package, delivery vehicle (package car), CTV (feeder) courier - whatever, I don't care what the color of the uniform is. I'm done with it. Best of luck to you, I hope you get your foot in the door at Brown and score yourself a decent career there.
thanks appreciate it that!!

BulkRoute

I hope it all works out for you. I thought about going over there, but I like my beard too much. That and I am burned out on this job. My buddy's dad moved up to a courier after a year as a handler, so I think you will be just fine.

STFXG

I wasn't mocking. He won't be driving any time soon. And you express folks don't know what a preload is. He's going to take a beating and im sincerely wishing him luck.

Even if he does start driving in 5 years (very doubtful). It will be another 4 before he tops out.

Good luck on the new career.

MAKAVELI

I wasn't mocking. He won't be driving any time soon. And you express folks don't know what a preload is. He's going to take a beating and im sincerely wishing him luck.

Even if he does start driving in 5 years (very doubtful). It will be another 4 before he tops out.

5 years part time 4 years to top out. So 9-12 years to make 100k plus a good pension and benefits vs never making even half that . Not that hard of a decision if you can make it during those part time years.

STFXG

Agreed. But Lou has unreal expectations of driving in a year and making big money. And that doesn't even factor in future contracts. It's a gamble. But it definitely COULD pay off in the long run.

MAKAVELI

Agreed. But Lou has unreal expectations of driving in a year and making big money. And that doesn't even factor in future contracts. It's a gamble. But it definitely COULD pay off in the long run.
its not a gamble when you have a union negotiate you're pay and benefits. Union workers make more than their non Union counterparts plain and simple.

SmithBarney

Yes but he'll be starting out making more than a 5yr express courier(more than a 10yr CRR after 1yr, more than a 15yr CRR at 2yrs), with scheduled raises, and plenty of OT to keep him and his family eating.

As far as driving in a year, it all depends on where you are, there are still places you can work at UPS and be driving in 1-2years