UPS BOUND

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by chargerlou, Jul 24, 2013.

1. chargerlou

chargerlou Member

Don't care anymore ! Just over 6 yeats with fedex express appllied last week for pkg handler for ups. 10 $ VS FedEx bullcorn. 10 $ an hour wins for me!

2. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

See ya in 15 years on the road... Good luck!

3. chargerlou

chargerlou Member

Hahaha not as bad as u all think they need experienced couriers !! Dont be afraid to go where the money is!!!

4. chargerlou

chargerlou Member

I know of less experienced couriers such as from Lone star going to ups paying their year handling and now laughing. Their way to bank $20 plus an hour! Do what u want and let me do what I want !!!

5. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

After more than 3 decades I don't want anything more to do with this crappy business - regardless of the $...once I'm out of here I don't ever want to see another package, delivery vehicle (package car), CTV (feeder) courier - whatever, I don't care what the color of the uniform is. I'm done with it. Best of luck to you, I hope you get your foot in the door at Brown and score yourself a decent career there.

6. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

good luck bro.

7. chargerlou

chargerlou Member

Thanks! !

8. chargerlou

chargerlou Member

Thank you soo much! !

9. chargerlou

chargerlou Member

Thanks soo much

10. chargerlou

chargerlou Member

thanks appreciate it that!!

11. chargerlou

chargerlou Member

Thanks

12. BulkRoute

BulkRoute New Member

I hope it all works out for you. I thought about going over there, but I like my beard too much. That and I am burned out on this job. My buddy's dad moved up to a courier after a year as a handler, so I think you will be just fine.

13. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

You think being an experienced courier will get you from handler to courier faster? I'd like to hear from the UPS drivers about this.

14. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Best of luck Lou!

15. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

That's all you got bro? Jealous? If I could make that sacrifice for a few years I do it in a heartbeat.

16. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

I wasn't mocking. He won't be driving any time soon. And you express folks don't know what a preload is. He's going to take a beating and im sincerely wishing him luck.

Even if he does start driving in 5 years (very doubtful). It will be another 4 before he tops out.

Good luck on the new career.

17. MAKAVELI

5 years part time 4 years to top out. So 9-12 years to make 100k plus a good pension and benefits vs never making even half that . Not that hard of a decision if you can make it during those part time years.

18. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Agreed. But Lou has unreal expectations of driving in a year and making big money. And that doesn't even factor in future contracts. It's a gamble. But it definitely COULD pay off in the long run.

19. MAKAVELI

its not a gamble when you have a union negotiate you're pay and benefits. Union workers make more than their non Union counterparts plain and simple.

20. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Yes but he'll be starting out making more than a 5yr express courier(more than a 10yr CRR after 1yr, more than a 15yr CRR at 2yrs), with scheduled raises, and plenty of OT to keep him and his family eating.

As far as driving in a year, it all depends on where you are, there are still places you can work at UPS and be driving in 1-2years