UPS BOUND

chargerlou

Grass ain't always greener. You're trading an established courier position to become a package handler part time for 10 dollars an hour? I wouldn't count on driving for a long time. Second hand stories about a guy who knows a guy who drove after 6 months are not reliable. I've worked for FDX in a lot of areas and I've had contact with many UPS drivers. The shortest turn around from handler to road was 4 years. I think you're getting caught up in the excitement of getting away from express.

Took me 22 months. That's really short though. This all depends on the area you are in. I wouldn't make the jump at 45 that's for sure.
Age is just a number in my book! But thc.

bbsam

Staff member
Age isn't even a number in UPS' book. If you end up loading, it's not uncommon to have nightmares of work. Biggest thing going in is forget about your Fedex experience. They don't care. If you can't load trucks or package cars, they'll simply let you go before your 30 days is up. They won't coddle you to eventually get you on the road. At the same time, don't get frustrated. WAD will be important. Learn to use their methods, practice them, and the speed will come.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You just have to take this job with a grain of salt and take it day by day. You find your comfort zone mentally and physically at which you want to work at and you just roll with it.

chargerlou

Age isn't even a number in UPS' book. If you end up loading, it's not uncommon to have nightmares of work. Biggest thing going in is forget about your Fedex experience. They don't care. If you can't load trucks or package cars, they'll simply let you go before your 30 days is up. They won't coddle you to eventually get you on the road. At the same time, don't get frustrated. WAD will be important. Learn to use their methods, practice them, and the speed will come.
Thanks will do!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I couldn't certainly be wrong but if I had to guess they are loving the thought of an experienced seasonal driver. Nothing more.

chargerlou

I couldn't certainly be wrong but if I had to guess they are loving the thought of an experienced seasonal driver. Nothing more.
Well I hope not .Coincidence or not that same day I met with a UPS sup he was riding along with a driver for ups thats runs same rte as me. He told me I chose right time because with new union contract beginning in August alot of old timers were gonna retire. He expects 3 to retire I told him I dont mind paying my dues for a year or 2 he replied, dude less than a year!! I said sweet...I will let you know where in Texas I am once I leave fed ex ..Thx again for all you that are playing devils advocates :)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just get ready to get beat down everyday like u aint never been down son thats all i got to say. And you can say goodbye to seeing your family mon to fri. Thats the reality of it. Be prepared to be harassed all the time at work for their super fake numbers.

chargerlou

Just get ready to get beat down everyday like u aint never been down son thats all i got to say. And you can say goodbye to seeing your family mon to fri. Thats the reality of it. Be prepared to be harassed all the time at work for their super fake numbers.

I'm a bad ass I can take anything I fought fot my country can definitely fight for myself!!! This ain't my first rodeo! I'm single and no worries about long hours I'm not lazy! :)

Hate 150lb Packages

chargerlou, I like your attitude. I'm happy to think of a fellow veteran that is about to GTFO out of fedex. Don't give these leeches another ounce of your energy. I hope your new job will grant you more happiness and opportunity. If nothing else, you will get good benefits and have a strong union presence. Godspeed

chargerlou

chargerlou, I like your attitude. I'm happy to think of a fellow veteran that is about to GTFO out of fedex. Don't give these leeches another ounce of your energy. I hope your new job will grant you more happiness and opportunity. If nothing else, you will get good benefits and have a strong union presence. Godspeed

Thanks!