UPS Bracing for Atlanta Winter Storm tomorrow - Feb 12, 2014

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Photog, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

The pre-storm coverage is rather comical this time for Atlanta versus 2 weeks ago.
    The Mayor has been all over TV, the Governor has been on all channels.
    The local channels have the crawlers and projected impact map on the screen.
    You would think the storm of the centuries is coming in.
    Chances are it will be like most other watches - of no consequence.

It is suppose to roll-in around 4 -5 pm tomorrow ... any UPSers heard anything?
    I bet they put all available drivers out to get everyone in early ... what do you think?
  2. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

It will be the cause of a zombie apocalypse in Atlanta. Starting tonight.
  3. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

At least they learned from last time.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Probably get a little frost on your windshields...

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Hopefully, it's like you said, of no consequence.
    Funny. I think of that area as always sunny, & warm. Palm trees & lush green lawns all year.
  6. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I think that is more Savannah than Atlanta.
  7. They will cut routes! Come on! you do know who we work for? Cut a bunch of routes....sheet everything as, emergency conditions!....tons of money saved. Atlanta. in Febuary = Dallas in December
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Monkey Butt

Few if any palm trees and the lawns get brown in the winter ... even fescue.
    Someone mentioned Savannah and that's palm trees ... not sure about grass.
    Sounds like you are thinking about Orlando and below.
  9. Monkey Butt

I'm glad you caught my sarcasm in suggesting dispatching all drivers so they could get in early. Yep, that ain't gonna happen.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The latest report I saw (Today show this morning) had the Atlanta metro region on the southern edge of the snow/rain/mix line.
  11. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

That has actually been happening in my area. Lighter dispatches, all cars in that they can, expecting everyone back early. Last storm, I was in at 17:45 and there were only 4 more drivers out, all waiting on PUs.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

LOL, They formed a task force to figure out what when wrong a couple of weeks ago when they didn't learn from the previous one. And some people want the government to take care of them.
  13. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

My Android's weather app projects nothing for tomorrow, only for Thursday. Probably some little drop of snow.
  14. tonyexpress

tonyexpress Whac-A-Troll Patrol Staff Member

Just in time for tonight's episode of the "Walking Dead" starting... Get your generators, guns and supplies my friends.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

It will be any other Monday: Routes will be cut,drivers out. late. I usually work 11-12 hours on Monday and tomorrow will be no different.
  16. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

another poster said they are expecting 3 inches! gimme a break.

the Tahoe area had 13 Billion gallons of precipitation in the last 2 days and UPS here in the reno/Tahoe area does not even raise an eyebrow.

business as usual
  17. cachsux

cachsux Wah

You're on your own this time. If it needs to go by rail we are screwed big time.
  18. I lived outside of Atlanta some years back. One day we had a big storm.....about a quarter inch. You would have thought it was 3 feet!
  19. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Lol back when I lived in Florida....when the temp in the winter would sometimes go below 50 degrees....out came the winter coats and hats like it was 10
  20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

image.jpg It has begun