UPS' Business like Appearance Policy

Do you think UPS should review its "Business Like" appearance policy?

• Yes

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters

tieguy

Banned
bernanke_ben.jpg

This is our U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke. I can't find any problem with this gentleman that he should be refused a job in UPS Management or for any FT Hourly position EXCEPT for that he doesn’t meat UPS’ Business like appearance policy :lol:.

FOR GOD’S SAKE, HE OVERSEES AND LEADS THE US ECONOMY. It’s time UPS ought to review its appearance policy and whenever we use phrase “business like” we should remember current Uncle Sam has a light beard too and he looks a brilliant businessman.

Ben does not deal with customers and ben is too much of a puss to hump 200 stops. What should be reviewed is why operations management has to wear suits when they are not visiting customers.

raceanoncr

I wish we WERE held to the same appearance policies as when I started. I have always felt a company should put on the best appearance, whether it be vehicles, drivers, advertising, buildings, etc.

Sadly, that has come to an end here at UPS. I was told when I started that YOU, the DRIVER, were the advertisement. YOU and the EQUIPMENT!

Our, locally at least, equipment is one of the worst in the district. Our appearance, well, it is not what is once was.

It's a changing world. I guess UPS is changing too.

upsdude

What should be reviewed is why operations management has to wear suits when they are not visiting customers.

Hey Tie, you might want to transfer down here. You could change your name to "open collar guy". LOL. Haven't seen an operations sup wear a suit since Kelly was CEO.

UPS Lifer

Ben does not deal with customers and ben is too much of a puss to hump 200 stops. What should be reviewed is why operations management has to wear suits when they are not visiting customers.

Got to agree with you Tie! I went to the hub back in 2000 and I said ..."well if I am going to work nights ...at least I get to dress in business casual!!!" That lasted 2 months and a new district manager came in and put FT Hub back in ties! Then to add insult to injury...the next summer and he put the PT sups in shorts. You couldn't tell the sups from the employees! :w00t: I had 36 part time supervisors. I gave them 3 chances as a sort to adhere to the "proper" shorts guideline and then I put them back in long pants! One of the other managers put all his part timers in ties! I couldn't go that far.

A new district manager came in and last year all FT supervisors in OPs are business casual and you guessed it ...Grade 16 and up are still in suits and ties:mad::mad::mad:!