UPS buying out former employees pensions?

penndutch

I am a former UPS employee and got a letter in the mail from a company that is handling the updating of addresses of former UPS employees. I called the number and spoke to the customer service person and he said that UPS was working on some things to buy out former employees of UPS and there pensions. Is this true?

I am a former UPS employee and got a letter in the mail from a company that is handling the updating of addresses of former UPS employees. I called the number and spoke to the customer service person and he said that UPS was working on some things to buy out former employees of UPS and there pensions. Is this true?
Doesn't pass the smell test

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
. are you in the west? did you google the number to make sure it wasn't a scam?

penndutch

No I'm from Minnesota and no I did not Google the number I did call the guy back but apparently they're updating the system to make sure the addresses they have on hand are current 4 pension information.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
No I'm from Minnesota and no I did not Google the number I did call the guy back but apparently they're updating the system to make sure the addresses they have on hand are current 4 pension information.
If this happened out here I would call the Teamsters Benefit Trust , a number that I know is good and ask them. you should call your pension trust administrator to see if this is legit.

we get emails all the time from ebay, paypal, amazon , and others to update info which is a scam to get personal info. I know you got a letter but I would check with people and numbers you know before I gave out any personal info especially over the phone.

we got a letter asking if any of our info has CHANGED like mailing address, phone number etc and was told to ignore the letter if everything was the same. also asked if I had worked during the past year and needed to list places of employment if applicable.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What was your position at UPS when you left?

Happy ex UPSer

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I received the same letter weeks ago and got a card in the mail today...Very UPS official...Said that I will be getting an offer in the mail, early October. I was a sales person for 13 years. I think all ex employees will be getting the buyout offer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Did the caller have a Nigerian accent

rod

Retired 22 years
If there is any truth to the buy out rumor I wonder what they would offer?

Probably a slap in the face like a thousand dollars--- like the old contract bonuses they used to give that most everyone fell for.