UPS buying out former employees pensions?

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by penndutch, Sep 14, 2016.

1. penndutch

penndutch New Member

I am a former UPS employee and got a letter in the mail from a company that is handling the updating of addresses of former UPS employees. I called the number and spoke to the customer service person and he said that UPS was working on some things to buy out former employees of UPS and there pensions. Is this true?

2. Doesn't pass the smell test

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

. are you in the west? did you google the number to make sure it wasn't a scam?

4. penndutch

penndutch New Member

No I'm from Minnesota and no I did not Google the number I did call the guy back but apparently they're updating the system to make sure the addresses they have on hand are current 4 pension information.

5. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

If this happened out here I would call the Teamsters Benefit Trust , a number that I know is good and ask them. you should call your pension trust administrator to see if this is legit.

we get emails all the time from ebay, paypal, amazon , and others to update info which is a scam to get personal info. I know you got a letter but I would check with people and numbers you know before I gave out any personal info especially over the phone.

we got a letter asking if any of our info has CHANGED like mailing address, phone number etc and was told to ignore the letter if everything was the same. also asked if I had worked during the past year and needed to list places of employment if applicable.

6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

What was your position at UPS when you left?

7. I don't get it Chappy. Someone poses a serious question, then leaves ten minutes later.

Plus they took the time to make an account.

Go figure??

8. Monkey Butt

They have a life?

9. If I had a serious question that I really was hoping for an answer, I would stick around for more than 10 minutes.

Crazy, I know!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. penndutch

penndutch New Member

I was a package car driver and vacation coverage in feeders when I left.

11. penndutch

penndutch New Member

To answer your question, I had to leave I had things to do and I'll get back to the questions I have when I have time.

12. Monkey Butt

OK so one more question.
    Were you under the Central States pension plan?

I think people can help you more clearly with those 2 questions answered.

13. Well excuse me.

Good luck getting scammed.

Thanks for playing

Buh bye

14. Happy ex UPSer

Happy ex UPSer New Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    I received the same letter weeks ago and got a card in the mail today...Very UPS official...Said that I will be getting an offer in the mail, early October. I was a sales person for 13 years. I think all ex employees will be getting the buyout offer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Did the caller have a Nigerian accent

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  16. Monkey Butt

Wall St analysts take away points based on obligated future debt so UPS is trying to get rid of as much future obligated debt as possible.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Better watch out! They might start whackin former sups.....

18. Monkey Butt

Or more likely, Central States Retirees.

19. rod

rod retired and happy

If there is any truth to the buy out rumor I wonder what they would offer?

Probably a slap in the face like a thousand dollars--- like the old contract bonuses they used to give that most everyone fell for.