UPS Cargo Plane Goes Down In Birmingham

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Prayers to the pilots and their families ... no word on injuries/fatalities as of yet.

FAA: Large UPS plane crashes while on approach to Birmingham, Ala., airport - The Washington Post

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's interesting to see how UPSers are generally reacting to this tragedy...with a profound sense of loss. They feel an actual connection to the people who fly UPS aircraft, and their fellow employees. For them, it's a big deal when someone gets killed or injured badly on the job, which is the way it should be.

vantexan

I've worked in more places than most, and have known great UPS people in all of those places. Like us when they leave home in the morning their most important job is to come home safe. God bless the families of the pilots, and may we all stay safe.

FedExRookie

It's interesting to see how UPSers are generally reacting to this tragedy...with a profound sense of loss. They feel an actual connection to the people who fly UPS aircraft, and their fellow employees. For them, it's a big deal when someone gets killed or injured badly on the job, which is the way it should be.

Can we make this thread 'free' of post regarding what Express should be and what it once was, and focus on paying our respects towards the lives lost and the people who are affected by this tragedy?

overflowed

When people die just doing their jobs it totally sucks. Everyone say a prayer tonight for these guys or gals families. Tonight, look at yours a little bit longer.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Can we make this thread 'free' of post regarding what Express should be and what it once was, and focus on paying our respects towards the lives lost and the people who are affected by this tragedy?

I'm simply pointing out that they are showing the proper degree of respect and a sense of loss, which is something we lack over here.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Its always sad to hear of fellow brown family members lost. From us in the brown family our thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost a dad,brother, son or friend. You are in our prayers.