UPS cargo Plane goes down in Dubai

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Last edited:

upssup

Let's worry about the crew and families for now. The rest of it will come out in due time I am sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I just deleted two posts that were made in poor taste. Our company just lost two employees plus whoever was on the ground. Lets please show some class and respect here for a change.

Floridacargocat

Happened yesterday evening Dubai time (2000h).
The most up-to-date can be found here http://avherald.com/h?article=4307772e&opt=0
RIP for the crew and their families.
So far, available info indicates major visibility limitations in the cockpit (remembrances of the ill-fated Swissair flight).
More info here: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4919158/
Read through the thread. There is also a report by a pilot who says he heard on ATC about the difficulties encountered by the crew, asking for basic flight info (heading, speed, altitude).

Last edited:

cosmictrucker

counting the months
I've worked with those within our Air division. UPS Pilots are best of class, none finer. My heart goes out to the crew and family.

tarbar66

Sad news indeed. I hope they had went to work on a good note with their loved ones. My prayers and sympathy for the families and friends.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How very sad, IMO I dont think some of the comments, thankfully deleted before I saw them got deleted. These guys were part of our family. No matter what the reason, a sad day in the UPS family.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How very sad, IMO I dont think some of the comments, thankfully deleted before I saw them got deleted. These guys were part of our family. No matter what the reason, a sad day in the UPS family.

Very sad indeed. Anyone who has enough training and seniority to fly a 747-400F is an incredibly skilled pilot, meaning they undoubtedly did everything possible to save both themselves and the aircraft. My condolences to the families, and to the UPS family as well.

When our MD11 crashed last year at Tokyo, UPS crewmembers participated in honoring those pilots. Hopefully, FedEx will show just as much class in honoring yours.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It's a sad day when you lose a family member. God, please guide all of the family, friends, coworkers and all those grieved by this tragic event.

Delivered

I've got a pilot that lives on my route. The stories those guys/gals can tell are amazing. I'm sure we lost 2 great employees today. Hopefully UPS will show them & their families the proper respect. RIP