UPS cargo Plane goes down in Dubai

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by diesel96, Sep 3, 2010.

1. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  3. upssup

upssup New Member

Let's worry about the crew and families for now. The rest of it will come out in due time I am sure.
    Lasted edited by : Sep 3, 2010
  4. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

Amen. I wonder how long that will last?
    Lasted edited by : Sep 3, 2010
  5. upssup

upssup New Member

I hope long enough to show some respect for the crew and their families.
  6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I just deleted two posts that were made in poor taste. Our company just lost two employees plus whoever was on the ground. Lets please show some class and respect here for a change.
  7. upssup

upssup New Member

That didn't take long!
  8. av8torntn

av8torntn Well-Known Member

I offer my condolences to the families involved. I will keep them in my prayers this weekend.
  9. Happened yesterday evening Dubai time (2000h).
    The most up-to-date can be found here
    RIP for the crew and their families.
    So far, available info indicates major visibility limitations in the cockpit (remembrances of the ill-fated Swissair flight).
    More info here:
    Read through the thread. There is also a report by a pilot who says he heard on ATC about the difficulties encountered by the crew, asking for basic flight info (heading, speed, altitude).
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  10. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

11. upssup

upssup New Member

Sounds like smoke in cockpit and on fire b4 crash. Sad, sad day.
  12. cosmictrucker

cosmictrucker Trucking is I

I've worked with those within our Air division. UPS Pilots are best of class, none finer. My heart goes out to the crew and family.
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

14. tarbar66

tarbar66 Member

Sad news indeed. I hope they had went to work on a good note with their loved ones. My prayers and sympathy for the families and friends.
  15. Candelaria

Candelaria New Member

My condolences to the family and friends of the crew. A very sad day.
  16. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

How very sad, IMO I dont think some of the comments, thankfully deleted before I saw them got deleted. These guys were part of our family. No matter what the reason, a sad day in the UPS family.
  17. HateThe8

HateThe8 New Member

Very sad day. We lost family. My thoughts and prayers to their family. God Speed.
  18. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Very sad indeed. Anyone who has enough training and seniority to fly a 747-400F is an incredibly skilled pilot, meaning they undoubtedly did everything possible to save both themselves and the aircraft. My condolences to the families, and to the UPS family as well.

When our MD11 crashed last year at Tokyo, UPS crewmembers participated in honoring those pilots. Hopefully, FedEx will show just as much class in honoring yours.
  19. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

It's a sad day when you lose a family member. God, please guide all of the family, friends, coworkers and all those grieved by this tragic event.
  20. derf3733

derf3733 Member

I've got a pilot that lives on my route. The stories those guys/gals can tell are amazing. I'm sure we lost 2 great employees today. Hopefully UPS will show them & their families the proper respect. RIP