UPS Center/Hub Vernon, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincent2014

A few weeks ago a package went missing containing the end pieces to a rare xylophone, made in the 1950s by Leedy & Ludwig. I've been pursuing all of the normal channels, and I know this is not at all the right place to ask for assistance, but I feel helpless as the investigation progresses and want to make sure I try every possible angle.

The tracking info said that the package passed through Seattle, Portland, Hodgkins and Franklin Park, though the last time it was physically scanned was in Seattle, so its not clear how far it actually made it.

See below for a picture. If by some miracle it happens to turn up and you see it (damaged box, lost and found, whatever), could you let please someone know that an investigation is open under the tracking number 1Z662F4XDK48068914? I would be incredibly appreciative.

Thanks,
Vincent

unnamed.jpg
?

upschuck

Call the 800 number and get Corporate Overgoods' number, or have them call overgoods with you on the phone, that way you can talk directly to UPS' "lost and found" department. Sometimes those plastic sleeves will come off of a packages and we don't know where that package goes. Good luck

vincent2014

Thanks for the info, I'll try contacting Corporate Overgoods.

I'm not sure about the insurance situation (I'm the recipient, not the seller) - it was shipped from Canada, carried by Purolator to the border then picked up by UPS. But even if the package was insured, it doesn't really help if I get a refund for that portion...the end pieces are irreplaceable, and I'm still left with the rest of the instrument, which is now unplayable. >.<

upschuck

Thanks for the info, I'll try contacting Corporate Overgoods.

I'm not sure about the insurance situation (I'm the recipient, not the seller) - it was shipped from Canada, carried by Purolator to the border then picked up by UPS. But even if the package was insured, it doesn't really help if I get a refund for that portion...the end pieces are irreplaceable, and I'm still left with the rest of the instrument, which is now unplayable. >.<
They will ask you a lot of questions, like size, wt, markings on the box, and any other identifiable stuff. Good luck and keep us informed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Chances are you were going to sell it once it is complete. ;) I own 50's Leedy/Ludwig drums, same as Buddy Rich played...but no xlyophone pc. you need. It's a shame your part(s) went missing, but that's the risk you take. Maybe they'll pop up again.

vincent2014

I tried calling the 800 number, the representative told me that he did not have the number for Overgoods. Anyone know another way to contact them?

RE: Sleeve_meet_Heart - I actually wasn't planning on selling this one, I was going to get it fully restored (the entire frame used to be black pearl, but was painted over by a previous owner). The market would be very limited, since the range is smaller than modern instruments.

Monarch (1).jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Some where out there in some vast over goods warehouse these end sections are gathering dust. Has anything ever been reconnected to its owner from an over goods warehouse? I never head of anything in the 30 years I worked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.