UPS Center/Hub Vernon, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Some where out there in some vast over goods warehouse these end sections are gathering dust. Has anything ever been reconnected to its owner from an over goods warehouse? I never head of anything in the 30 years I worked.
I wonder what they do with all the lost crap?

rod

Retired 22 years
some where out there in some vast over goods warehouse
I wonder what they do with all the lost crap?

From what I always understood UPS has a few big over goods warehouses scattered around the world and if after a certain period of time something goes unclaimed it is auctioned off. Kind of like the lost luggage at airports.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Thanks for the info, I'll try contacting Corporate Overgoods.

I'm not sure about the insurance situation (I'm the recipient, not the seller) - it was shipped from Canada, carried by Purolator to the border then picked up by UPS. But even if the package was insured, it doesn't really help if I get a refund for that portion...the end pieces are irreplaceable, and I'm still left with the rest of the instrument, which is now unplayable. >.<

In a worst comes to worst situation, there are people in the world who can custom reproduce/fabricate almost anything. It won't be cheap but you'd have a complete instrument again.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Many times I have to look throughout the building for packages that no one could locate .
Usually it's in the bulk pile , or damages area .
Sometimes not removed it from primary and it's just placed under a overhanging belt , out of everyone's way .

MrStarWars00

Forgive me if I'm that annoying poster, but I've heard some concerning things regarding the UPS location in Vernon, CA. 90-95% of the reviews online say that everyone has bad experiences with this location. Is there anything to this, or is it just impatient people whining all the time? Since I live and operate in the SoCal area, I figure this will be the location my items go through most of the time, which will continue to concern me if it really is a particularly poor location. Any insider information would be appreciated.

Thanks, and have a good day :)

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Are you a shipper or a receiver, or both?
Are there any specific issues you've read about that concern you?

MrStarWars00

Usually receiver. I have a rather valuable item that was scanned in there at 6:30 this morning, but hasn't been scanned out yet. It's not scheduled for delivery until tomorrow, so I'm not overly concerned and it may very well arrive on time, but many of the reviews I have read complain that items are scanned in and then the tracking information says they're there for sometimes weeks at a time but never get put on the delivery trucks. Occasionally there are complaints of stuff disappearing into the ether there, resulting in nearly universal 1 or 2 star ratings, with customer service at corporate and at the Vernon location particularly unhelpful. However, I'm sure the majority of reviews will always be from negative experiences, while positive or neutral experiences go unannounced. As I said, I'm not overly concerned about this package in particular, but since I anticipate having to use this location in the future, I was curious as to what current or former employees may have to say before I come to any conclusions about the quality of a given location. I always give employees/service people the benefit of the doubt until something truly upsetting happens, so that's why I'd like to hear what y'all have to say, if anything.

Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.