UPS Contract Facts

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No but any medical bills accrued between August 1st and the time the contract is ratified should be paid be the insurance if they would have been eligible.
I highly doubt that.
My wife would have been covered mid August...... 167 every two weeks she pays through her employer for some crap coverage. Ya we both know I'm never gonna see that money again. It might seem like a unique situation, but considering the number of low seniority part timers I doubt I'm the only one in this boat.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Well then that would be on our last contract. I voted no on that one too. Didn't like it just like I don't like this one. 3 year progression, 12 and 18 month insurance deal. The fact they put the central states pension deal in the master so everyone could vote on a pension that that had nothing to do with them. Kind of like now the teamcare deal being out into the master so that locals out there who's healthcare is dictated by either their supplement or local rider voting on my healthcare.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Look it's really not that big of a deal to me to be honest. I took the job knowing dependents wouldn't be covered until 18 months. I was just happy to have a job period.... it was a tough time around here. I get that it could have been a lot better and I wish it was. But part timers don't vote and most full timers were looking out for number one as usual, no surprise there that's America.

I'm even all for you guys holding out for improvements in your supplements, I wish my local had that kind of power. But at the same time there are certain things that are off the table that are being used to convince people to keep voting no. There's a lot of politics going on between IBT and TDU that sadly is over the heads of a lot of truck drivers and box throwers.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
I've been saying the last two contracts that I would gladly give up my raises if the company and union would throw more money to the part timers. Like you said though the majority of part timers don't vote. That's a sad fact considering how they far outnumber the full timers. The part timers could get anything they wanted if they would just get involved, stand together and vote.

I've been saying the last two contracts that I would gladly give up my raises if the company and union would throw more money to the part timers. Like you said though the majority of part timers don't vote. That's a sad fact considering how they far outnumber the full timers. The part timers could get anything they wanted if they would just get involved, stand together and vote.
Yea I've said the same thing also but if this was the case it would be an even worse no vote mentality on this forum. No matter what these people won't be happy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Really? I was under the impression August 1st dependents would have been covered at 12 months had the contract passed. Unless Doc Brown and Marty McFly sold their DeLorean to the IBT I'm confused. I could be wrong but I'm not seeing it. Scratch that they destroyed the DeLorean.

I highly doubt that.
My wife would have been covered mid August...... 167 every two weeks she pays through her employer for some crap coverage. Ya we both know I'm never gonna see that money again. It might seem like a unique situation, but considering the number of low seniority part timers I doubt I'm the only one in this boat.

We are working under an indefinite extension of the previous contract until such time as all supplements are passed and the national master can be signed off on.
If you satisfied the 18 month requirement, your wife is covered under your benefits.
If this isn't the case, file a grievance and a complaint with the wage and hour division of the dept of labor.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yea I've said the same thing also but if this was the case it would be an even worse no vote mentality on this forum. No matter what these people won't be happy.
Regardless...the PTers have no right to not vote and then piss and moan about what we didn't get. The PT vote percentage in my local was a disgrace...and you're right, if the PTers took the time to read the contract....there would definitely be a stronger no vote mentality!

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Most of the part timers in my building don't care. The pt sups arrive early and do all the setup work and send the part timers home in 3.5 hours and then do all the finish work. They know this goes on. We have tried to tell them what is being done to them is wrong and ththey look at you dumbfounded. Some even get pissed cause they consider their pt sup their friend.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'm pretty sure the wage and hour division is not working right about now...but anywho, eventually I believe the supplements will be passed. No strike for us since in all of reality, a strike would put us out of favor with the public and THAT will be the end of the Teamsters as we know it. We make far more even as part timers with the benes added in than the general population and we won't be popular. I'd rather that UPS kept up with benes, but it's out of the question. The people that are complaining that they don't trust the union to run their benes needs to realize that drivers and full timers have had union run benes and they only have got better. The amount to our H&W are negotiated and if we don't like the benes we get, we can vote out the people in the union and try someone else. Not much different than now. I'm ready to move on. Yes vote from me...as much as I'd like to have more, I have more than enough already.

BrownChoice

I agree. In my neck of the woods, the union enhanced certain parts of the health care including the prescription plan. Still will get the same dental and vision. Still get a paid for union lawyer, still getting raises, still creating more jobs... Anyone ive ever talked to who works for/in a union, the UPS Teamsters have far more benefits they could ever dream of....
no, we would not be popular because people are jealous!

Exactly. I get a kick out of the people who think TDU is the cause of all the no votes.

​It goes alot deeper then that.

Got that right. The tdu couldnt change a dirty diaper!, they sure in the hell aint gonna change my vote!.I voted NO, because their where somethings in the contract that dont sit well with me. A pile of money grabbers has nothing to do with my vote.........!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We are working under an indefinite extension of the previous contract until such time as all supplements are passed and the national master can be signed off on.
If you satisfied the 18 month requirement, your wife is covered under your benefits.
If this isn't the case, file a grievance and a complaint with the wage and hour division of the dept of labor.
I haven't satisfied the 18 month requirement.
The 18 month requirement in the new contract is dropping to 12 months. I have had more than 12 months since mid august.
I don't care all that much because I didn't expect it when I was hired. But it is frustrating, because those 6 months will end up costing almost $2000 for my wife to get inferior insurance through her employer.
Some people are adding up their retro pay, I'm adding up how much this is costing me.

Everyone_has_a_Price

For ****s n giggles I went to the obamacare site for California. For their top of the line platinum plan it was little less then 900 for my family ( two adults one child) with care relitively close to the team care plan. So Ups could just give me the $1200 month and i could pocket the extra $300 dollars. or use it for the higher deductibles. Think I would go with that, I could control my own healthcare.