UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It says 95% of the UPS members voted to approve their agreements but I thought only 30% or so actually voted. So much fail. The IBT shouldn't have put a number like that out there because it's not close to accurate.

Even voting no, if the supplement went through, you were a member with an approved agreement waiting around. I believe the 95% number is from that angle.

Returntosender

Do you realize just how fortunate we are to have our healthcare paid for?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I do know. Just saying things will change next contract. You can take that to bank. You really think those hundred of millions of dollars, UPS just gave the teamsters to provide free health care to UPSers won't change. Union officials will be tempted to skim some of the millions from that UPS healthcare fund.

UPSGUY72

The problem that Local 89 has is that Team care language is in the national contract that already has passed
Kae1306 has already told us that payroll has a program which has been keeping track of our hours. You can knock yourself out and add up your hours but I will let UPS do their job.

What's supposed to happen in 2016?

I set up a spread sheet last Aug I have been just plugging my hours in each week. I don't need to add up anything....

Overpaid Union Thug

I am sure the lawyers made sure the t's were crossed and i's dotted. An injunction would be a waste of time and resources.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I mean really? Using Article 12 seems pretty straight forward. Plus, wasn't the main issue (Teamcare) a NATIONAL CONTRACT issue? Seems like holding up some supplements in an attempt to change the National shouldn't have even been allowed to take this long.

Overpaid Union Thug

Truth be told I would be pissed if I drove to work and then had to wait 25 to 40 minutes just to get to my work location.

Yeah for real. But then again....if I really had a problem with that I wouldn't have taken the job. Surely people knew what they were walking into concerning the shuttle time before they accepted the job. I don't blame those that work there for fighting to be compensated for the time though.

Blackstream

It's fairly trivial to just go into upsers, look at the year to date column for this year, write down that number, do the same for the last paycheck of 2013 and the last paycheck just before august 1st, subtract the second from the first to give you the total hours in 2013, then add it to the first number you wrote down to give you total hours since this whole thing started. I did it just now for kicks, and I'm looking at about 1230 hours so far (as a part timer obviously).

Brown Spider

I work in a right to work state and I am not pulling out. I don't like all the concessions in this contract and voted no on both the national and regional supplement. But I will continue to be a Teamster.

I don't like the concessions either and I think those members covered by the remaining three supplements were sold down the river! That being said, I'm glad you're not pulling out, but I wish Hoffa and Hall would consider doing just that! In fact, it would have been even better if Hoffa's dad had "pulled out"!

oldngray

nowhere special
After the Master passed UPS was under no pressure to reach any agreements with the local issues that were voted down. They definitely stopped negotiating in good faith knowing eventually the union would have no choice since there was almost no possibility of Hoffa ever calling a strike.