UPS Contracting work

menotyou

bella amicizia
You must live in NY.

Gold carts do not have to be registered to drive on city streets in GA, FL, AZ, TX TN. etc.

The golf carts are used mostly in retirement communities ... so NY does not matter since NO ONE retires to NY.
One has to drive bicycles as well ... they don't steer themselves.
If no one retires in NY, maybe you could tell all those Drummies who moved here from GA to GO HOME!!!!! And take your inability to drive ANYtHING with you!! ;)

If its motorized, it has to be registered and insured; thus, subjecting it to DOT regs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If no one retires in NY, maybe you could tell all those Drummies who moved here from GA to GO HOME!!!!!

I guess there are some Georgians that are "less than average" ... I assume you are just kidding with me.
Why would anybody move from Georgia to NY unless they came from there and moved back to be with their family.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess there are some Georgians that are "less than average" ... I assume you are just kidding with me.
Why would anybody move from Georgia to NY unless they came from there and moved back to be with their family.

Drummies refers to soldiers stationed at Fort Drum some of whom retire and stay there.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Of course, I am teasing. But, those people who don't leave after they get out of the army is true. Go figure. They love the 4 seasons. The ones from Georgia aren't the only ones who can't drive. :winks:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Drummies refers to soldiers stationed at Fort Drum some of whom retire and stay there.

Of course, I am teasing. But, those people who don't leave after they get out of the army is true. Go figure. They love the 4 seasons. The ones from Georgia aren't the only ones who can't drive. :winks:

Oh ... did not know that.

One of the nice things about Georgia is that Upstate was never stationed here. :wink2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh ... did not know that.

One of the nice things about Georgia is that Upstate was never stationed here. :wink2:
I stayed in Chattanooga for a few months and worked in Rossville(?), I think it was. We would go to Hotlanta, a lot. Georgia is a beautiful state.

tourists24

Again, how is this any different from UPS entering in to an agreement with a homeowner in a subdivision to use their garage as a "warehouse" with the helper making deliveries from that "warehouse"?

It is a good business decision for the company to use their helpers in the most efficient manner. I didn't say it was in the union's best interest.

In past years our mall driver would bring a loaded TP-60 to the mall. The helper would meet him there and work out of the TP-60. The driver would complete his mall deliveries and start the rest of his route while the helper continued to deliver out of the TP-60. The driver would then go back to the mall to pickup his helper and they would complete the balance of the deliveries together. He would then drop the helper back off at the mall so that he could start doing the mall pickups, loading them in to the TP-60 while the driver did his other pickups. The helper would complete the pickups, leave the DIAD and secure the TP-60. The driver would then go back to the mall to pickup the TP-60 and head back to the center.

How does any of this go against our area agreement?
Not sure what your supplement says about how to use helpers, but in the Atlantic supplement the contract states: "the helper must deliver or pickup packages only in conjunction with the driver they are assigned to while on duty."

The use of a TP 60 or golf cart is not contractually in "conjunction" with the driver. At least here those things should not be allowed.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I was stationed at Ft Drum for 3 years. I couldnt get outta there fast enough when my time was up....lol. Drum is the very reason I hate the cold and snow.:)
There aren't any trees up there to stop the wind. Groovy Gouv is freakin' bitter in the winter!

JonFrum

Driving a golf cart does not require a DOT card and is not covered under DOT rules ... therefore, not a drivers.
Neither are bicycles or skateboards although they are driven too!
Up here, bicycles and skateboards are ridden not driven. You fellers talk funny.

AssistantSanta

Not sure what your supplement says about how to use helpers, but in the Atlantic supplement the contract states: "the helper must deliver or pickup packages only in conjunction with the driver they are assigned to while on duty."

The use of a TP 60 or golf cart is not contractually in "conjunction" with the driver. At least here those things should not be allowed.

In the scope of the contract you write about, "conjunction with the driver shall mean ___"

A.) something. Please tell me what that something is.

B.) There is nothing here. How it's construed by different groups will lead to a conflict.

Since you didn't define it, let's look at B.

Even though thesaurus suggests conjunction, cooperation, collaboration and collusion are synonyms, they're not exactly the same. i.e. if gas station owners are talking to each other to share details about fill-and-runners, they're cooperating. If we say they're in collusion, we tend to think they're price fixing.

If the contract defined the application of the word specifically, it's unnecessary to debate over the different interpretation of the word. If one writes a sloppy contract, they can expect to have something coming at them. The definition can even be in the foot note, so the body doesn't look like a wordy fuster cluck.

Even though I've been a research assistant, most of time wasn't spent together with the researcher. Yet, I worked in conjunction with the researcher. Passersby won't know that unless they ask and that doesn't mean we weren't working in conjunction. Of course, if I make a mistake and the driver/researcher is questioned for misdelivery/plagiarism, its highly likely that they'll say "the helper.../the assistant... probably did that" but when what I do earns them a recognition, they typically don't hesitate to grab 95% of the credit even if I did 70% of the work.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In the scope of the contract you write about, "conjunction with the driver shall mean ___"

A.) something. Please tell me what that something is.

B.) There is nothing here. How it's construed by different groups will lead to a conflict.

Since you didn't define it, let's look at B.

Even though thesaurus suggests conjunction, cooperation, collaboration and collusion are synonyms, they're not exactly the same. i.e. if gas station owners are talking to each other to share details about fill-and-runners, they're cooperating. If we say they're in collusion, we tend to think they're price fixing.

If the contract defined the application of the word specifically, it's unnecessary to debate over the different interpretation of the word. If one writes a sloppy contract, they can expect to have something coming at them. The definition can even be in the foot note, so the body doesn't look like a wordy fuster cluck.

Even though I've been a research assistant, most of time wasn't spent together with the researcher. Yet, I worked in conjunction with the researcher. Passersby won't know that unless they ask and that doesn't mean we weren't working in conjunction. Of course, if I make a mistake and the driver/researcher is questioned for misdelivery/plagiarism, its highly likely that they'll say "the helper.../the assistant... probably did that" but when what I do earns them a recognition, they typically don't hesitate to grab 95% of the credit even if I did 70% of the work.
If the contract is sloppy, there are two parties responsible for that.

Who was hired to do the research? Would you be working if there were no researcher to begin with? I think from these you can infer the meaning of 'in conjunction with'