UPS Credit card fraud?????? PLS HELP!!

I have an interesting question to the poster. Im not familiar w/ credit cards in australia but I am familiar w/ them in canada and the US. So heres my question throw out all the dispute stuff and everything else, so this is a credit card right? Credit cards never require full payment? Your story seems fake. Credit cards hate when you pay the full amount. You dont even have to make a payment every month. I mean your supposed to but they will just give you late fees if you dont pay.

*** you on about?? FAKE!!! why the hell would i post something like this as a joke?
The money is on hold on UPS's end..
The bank cannot retrieve it until the charge goes completely through for some damn stupid reason.

The bank did say that an initial 75 Cents was taken first and then the rest.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have an interesting question to the poster. Im not familiar w/ credit cards in australia but I am familiar w/ them in canada and the US. So heres my question throw out all the dispute stuff and everything else, so this is a credit card right? Credit cards never require full payment? Your story seems fake. Credit cards hate when you pay the full amount. You dont even have to make a payment every month. I mean your supposed to but they will just give you late fees if you dont pay.

See also: How not to properly manage your personal finances.

over9five

Staff member
I think the OPs claim that it was UPS that stole from him is fraudulant.

I also believe that the name "UPSSTOLEMYCC" is libelous, so I am banning the member. The member can contact Cheryl if he wants to choose a new name.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
See also: How not to properly manage your personal finances.

Dave, Sword has a legitimate question. The OP said that the loss of this amount of money was going to hurt him til the next payday which leads me to believe this wasn't a credit card charge but a debit card charge. Sword is right, if it was a credit card charge the OP would not be out any money, per se, until the next payment was due (at least by U.S. standards). I'm not saying that the charge didn't happen, just that (again by U.S. standards) it didn't happen the way the OP claimed.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think the OPs claim that it was UPS that stole from him is fraudulant.

I also believe that the name "UPSSTOLEMYCC" is libelous, so I am banning the member. The member can contact Cheryl if he wants to choose a new name.
Good call on the SN.

We know that UPS did not fraudulantly take funds from him, someone used his card fraudulantly but it wasn't UPS.

SWORDFISH

Dave, Sword has a legitimate question. The OP said that the loss of this amount of money was going to hurt him til the next payday which leads me to believe this wasn't a credit card charge but a debit card charge. Sword is right, if it was a credit card charge the OP would not be out any money, per se, until the next payment was due (at least by U.S. standards). I'm not saying that the charge didn't happen, just that (again by U.S. standards) it didn't happen the way the OP claimed.

+1... thankyou for being able to have comprehensive skills when you read. Dave and Cach are clearly lacking those skilss . Dave Lets compare are finances and see who knows how to manage what and your probably 10 years older than me.:peaceful:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
+1... thankyou for being able to have comprehensive skills when you read. Dave and Cach are clearly lacking those skilss . Dave Lets compare are finances and see who knows how to manage what and your probably 10 years older than me.:peaceful:

Sword, You weren't exactly clear in your post and even though Dave can be 'abrasive' you are being just as abrasive.:peaceful:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dilli, if you had read my first post in this thread you would see that I clearly asked the OP if this was a debit card and not a credit card. The reason I asked this is because he was whining about having only $68 to live on for 12 days. He said it was a credit card.

Sword, not paying your bill in full each month is exactly what the credit card companies want. Not paying anything at all will only result in additional fees and/or penalties, which of course they want even more.

If you think I'm abrasive say something personal to Tie and you will find out what abrasive is.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli, if you had read my first post in this thread you would see that I clearly asked the OP if this was a debit card and not a credit card. The reason I asked this is because he was whining about having only $68 to live on for 12 days. He said it was a credit card.

Sword, not paying your bill in full each month is exactly what the credit card companies want. Not paying anything at all will only result in additional fees and/or penalties, which of course they want even more.

If you think I'm abrasive say something personal to Tie and you will find out what abrasive is.
Dave, I did read your first post but had forgotten that you did ask this question. I apologize if I offended you. I did not mean to. :whiteflag:

SWORDFISH

We are just making different points. Mine is that if you dont have the money even though your right thats its terrible not to pay Im also right by saying since its a credit card and he doesnt have the money he can simply not pay. You cant give what you dont have right? Obviously I would be an idiot to hand out that kind of advice to someone that could pay. I was wondering why he would be in such dire need if he wasnt required to pay the money meaning like they will not come and take it or beat it out of him. Not to discount the fact that if credit card fraud had been commited on anyones card and they had to pay it while in the dispute process or face charges would suck. Hopefully I did better explaining myself that time. :wink2:

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
My wife received an email this morning from "The UPS Depot" concerning an DHL shipment that was being held because of an "inexact" address. They wanted her to provide a CC to "Prove who she was" and to click on an attanchment. I promptly deleted the email, and I guess I should have called LP, but didn't.

UPS is aware of this type of e mail. Its a virus if you open the attachment. As they say never open attachments unless you know the sender. Nothing Security can do about it. This type of virus has been around for awhile.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On a somewhat related note, I received an e-mail from PayPal warning me of numerous unauthorized charges to my account and that I should "click" on this e-mail to resolve them. Only problem is I haven't used PayPal in well over 3 years and the credit card I linked to my account had been closed 2 years ago. When I went to the PayPal website there was no activity or balance on my account so this was a scam.

SWORDFISH

On a somewhat related note, I received an e-mail from PayPal warning me of numerous unauthorized charges to my account and that I should "click" on this e-mail to resolve them. Only problem is I haven't used PayPal in well over 3 years and the credit card I linked to my account had been closed 2 years ago. When I went to the PayPal website there was no activity or balance on my account so this was a scam.

I have got a few of those in the past year as well. I was thought they were confused or somthing.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Last edited: