UPS customer service policies per customer revenue question

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I agree with Sat's post, customers dont give money to ups, or business either, we have to earn it.

And for that we thank you.

I understand UPS is a very large company and i can accept the flaws, the UPS driver taking package from our warehouse that are not for him and that do not have labels and not returning them, the grumpy attitude, the I'm late and I can't wait another 30 seconds for you to put the label on the package. He is the driver and this does not bother me. I believe UPS has a very good training program and does pride themselves on customer service. I just don't understand how this sour sales rep is still employed by the company, and how he even got the job. OR, is this a typical sales rep for an organization of our size.

This is where you lost credibility in your post. You started out with the driver and problems there, and then translate that into not understanding how the sour sales rep still is employed. Who are you really talking about, the driver or the sales rep.

While we are waiting on your response to the above, Ill share this

As for the driver taking packages that are not labled, we did that several years ago. Had a graphics company get a huge contract for the Rolling Stones concert tour. Not unusual for them to have close to 1000 packages going out. Several drivers assisting in the pickups so no one really knew exactly how many everyone got. I picked up two skids of packages that did not have lables on them. They were staged in front of the ones that did, so they all went into the trucks.

But they got them back the next day, no harm, no foul, just a lot of work for nothing.

d

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have that problem but it is on the feeder side. They will bring back skids of FedEx Ground by mistake and, as d said, we just bring them back the following day. We will get the occassional FedEx or USPS pkg from a UPS Store that was mixed in with our pkgs and the P/U driver wasn't paying attention and we return those the following day. I don't recall us ever picking up entire skids of unlabeled pkgs but I can see how that may happen.