UPS delivery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

John28781

hey guys. So I run a small business at home reselling items. Most of the time, the retailers I plan on purchasing these items from limit 1 per customer. So I use different names shipping to my same home address. I'm just curious if shipping with different names to 1 home address is allowed by UPS? Any input would be great. Thanks

Turdferguson

Just a turd
hey guys. So I run a small business at home reselling items. Most of the time, the retailers I plan on purchasing these items from limit 1 per customer. So I use different names shipping to my same home address. I'm just curious if shipping with different names to 1 home address is allowed by UPS? Any input would be great. Thanks
Yes UPS will care. What you are doing is a red flag for criminal activity, and is in our training that we should give your name to LP to contact the authorities.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes UPS will care. What you are doing is a red flag for criminal activity, and is in our training that we should give your name to LP to contact the authorities.
Not if you tip the driver! Were amazingly able to overlook plenty for some green in the pocket!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Credit card fraud and ID theft use the same method that you want to use.
If you explain it to the delivery driver, maybe he will look the other way.

If you have to pick the items up at the customer counter, you will be SOL without an ID with that name.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
OP
Last spring I had that same thing happen
Multiple names coming in at same address. It was fraud.
I would not advise that you use the method that you mentioned.

ArcherUTR

0 :censored2:s given.

Except maybe if my Spidey senses start tingling be auseI think you're stealing credit cards. That I might have a conversation with our security department.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Systemically, up to 99 names are allowed to one address in MyUPS notifications so it is implied that multiple names are expected at a given address.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
As I've always been told,"We deliver to addresses,not names".

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Systemically, up to 99 names are allowed to one address in MyUPS notifications so it is implied that multiple names are expected at a given address.
I'm pretty sure you have to verify your name with a phone number and/or more detailed info. I tried to add my wife's maiden name since we recently married, ran into a roadblock and just skipped it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Before I took my route in the ghetto I was a split driver in the burbs. These cheap bastards in what was easily a one million dollar home would get the free samples of Gevalia coffee every other day just by changing the first name or putting a bogus apartment number in the address.

MrBrown

Jesus, the more threads I read the more I appreciate working out of the center I do. I can dr everything well most everything

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Before I took my route in the ghetto I was a split driver in the burbs. These cheap bastards in what was easily a one million dollar home would get the free samples of Gevalia coffee every other day just by changing the first name or putting a bogus apartment number in the address.
Why do you think they're rich? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.