UPS Delivery Problem - Mechanical Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Ruston

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this isn't allowed, but I'm having a problem with a UPS delivery from Shanghai, China to the UK. The latest status from Almaty, Kazakhstan reads:

"A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled."

However, it's been sat at that status for over 24 hours now with no movement. How long does it usually take for it to change and what is actually going on?

It's a pretty important item and I'm flying abroad for 3 weeks just 48 hours after it was scheduled to be delivered, so you can see that I'm pretty concerned. The scheduled delivery date was originally Monday 8th.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 19.09.37.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 19.09.37.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 791

upschuck

Looks like that package moves one time a month, on the sixth, won't move again until tomorrow.

(what country are you in?)

T

Turdferguson

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this isn't allowed, but I'm having a problem with a UPS delivery from Shanghai, China to the UK. The latest status from Almaty, Kazakhstan reads:

"A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled."

However, it's been sat at that status for over 24 hours now with no movement. How long does it usually take for it to change and what is actually going on?

It's a pretty important item and I'm flying abroad for 3 weeks just 48 hours after it was scheduled to be delivered, so you can see that I'm pretty concerned. The scheduled delivery date was originally Monday 8th.

Thanks!
Depends on what is wrong with the plane.
Is it weed? Is that why its so important.

Jake Ruston

Maybe your plane will be delayed too.

Very good answer, I like it :p

Depends on what is wrong with the plane.
Is it weed? Is that why its so important.

Laptop sadly, nothing too exciting.

China to Korea to Kazakhstan on the way to UK. What could go wrong?

My thoughts too :p But after searching for it, this seems to be the regular route.

Apple watch?

Those are some annoying people.

It's a MacBook, so not too far off :p I know what you mean about them being annoying however.

upschuck

Very good answer, I like it :p

Laptop sadly, nothing too exciting.

My thoughts too :p But after searching for it, this seems to be the regular route.

It's a MacBook, so not too far off :p I know what you mean about them being annoying however.
Where do you reside? Country I mean. That is not the normal route for the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.