UPS Delivery truck hit car - and left.

oldngray

nowhere special
header.png

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Last night my ex-wifes car was hit, while parked, by a UPS truck. By the note left by a witness, the driverless UPS truck rolled into the car, pushing it sideways into another parking space. The driver must have returned to the truck and seen the accident, but just left.

What is the normal procedure in something like this? Shouldn't the driver have alerted someone? Isn't this Hit and Run?

Hot hot of an Old Gal is your EX??

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not saying this accident didn't happen but for some reason people can't seem to tell the difference between a UPS/FedEx or Postal truck. I would like to have a dollar for every time I was asked if I was the FedEx guy or if I would take a letter. I had a UPS drop box on my route that had mail in it almost every day. I've was also mistaken for the phone repairman, the cable guy and once even for an Avon lady. A decent looking gal threw open her door with nothing on but bra and panties and with a startled look said "I thought you were my Avon lady". No I'm not lady---please sign here-----and she did.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not saying this accident didn't happen but for some reason people can't seem to tell the difference between a UPS/FedEx or Postal truck. I would like to have a dollar for every time I was asked if I was the FedEx guy or if I would take a letter. I had a UPS drop box on my route that had mail in it almost every day. I've was also mistaken for the phone repairman, the cable guy and once even for an Avon lady. A decent looking gal threw open her door with nothing on but bra and panties and with a startled look said "I thought you were my Avon lady". No I'm not lady---please sign here-----and she did.
I need to start selling Avon.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I may be dense, but I'm trying to imagine how fast the alleged delivery truck was allegedly traveling when it allegedly pushed the alleged ex's car sideways into an adjacent parking spot.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Still confuses me how a driver would have his truck do that and just go on like nothing happened. Telematics is there and can save your job or lose it by what the driver does after an incident.

It takes quite the fool to leave that scene if it indeed happened. Being reprimanded is better than getting pink slipped.

If my car was hit in a parking lot, I'd just call my insurance company and let them handle it. I'd sure as hell not care if my ex-wife's car got hit.