UPS Delivery truck hit car - and left.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Can't be fired over telematics.

Dude, Are You Serious ????
He's not getting fired over telematics, he's getting fired for a runaway, accident, and not reporting said accident

We're not talking about seat belt sensors or First back exceptions here.
The GPS in his car could prove it was him and telematics can verify his vehicle did hit the car.

theslinger

1423708246788.jpg
This thread + me = this picture.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Still confuses me how a driver would have his truck do that and just go on like nothing happened. Telematics is there and can save your job or lose it by what the driver does after an incident.

It takes quite the fool to leave that scene if it indeed happened. Being reprimanded is better than getting pink slipped.

If my car was hit in a parking lot, I'd just call my insurance company and let them handle it. I'd sure as hell not care if my ex-wife's car got hit.
Exactly, its your ex, and you are worried. We have exes to unload baggage, not care for them when they are gone. Tell her to call her insurance give them the info, whatever, Good Lord. ?????

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Exactly, its your ex, and you are worried. We have exes to unload baggage, not care for them when they are gone. Tell her to call her insurance give them the info, whatever, Good Lord. ?????
Maybe he's the one that hit her car and is pinning it on the ups driver.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Bingo, out of beer. I hate when we get blamed, I had a customer adamant I hit his car. I didnt even back in the dock, and this before telematics. I saw my center manager there investigating, I mean I got a ride and everything. My truck had I even backed in there which I told him I did not, no way did that damage. And my center manager proved it. They gave me accolades for sticking up instead of giving in. The poor guy closed at 4, I just never seemed to get there til 455 after that. 20 yrs safe driving achieved today. Patting myself on the back....

Bingo, out of beer. I hate when we get blamed, I had a customer adamant I hit his car. I didnt even back in the dock, and this before telematics. I saw my center manager there investigating, I mean I got a ride and everything. My truck had I even backed in there which I told him I did not, no way did that damage. And my center manager proved it. They gave me accolades for sticking up instead of giving in. The poor guy closed at 4, I just never seemed to get there til 455 after that. 20 yrs safe driving achieved today. Patting myself on the back....
Good for you! I'm truly happy for you.