UPS delivery trucks stand out from the rest!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
UPS truck is Denver's champion parking violator Wed Sep 9, 3:09 pm ET

DENVER – A single UPS delivery truck is the champion of Denver parking violations, racking up 196 tickets worth nearly $5,700 last year. The Denver Post reported the dubious achievement Wednesday. UPS spokesman Mark Dickens says parking tickets are a cost of doing business in some cities.
The newspaper says parking tickets are on the upswing in Denver and are on pace to hit 670,000.
That would be 14 percent higher than last year and the most since Mayor John Hickenlooper took office in 2003 after making parking tickets a campaign issue.
City officials say they're not trying to drive up revenue. They say the increase is caused by more residential parking zones, more parking agents, replacement of faded no-parking signs and population growth.

SAFETY FIRST!!
:peaceful:

Big Babooba

UPS truck is Denver's champion parking violator Wed Sep 9, 3:09 pm ET
DENVER – A single UPS delivery truck is the champion of Denver parking violations, racking up 196 tickets worth nearly $5,700 last year. The Denver Post reported the dubious achievement Wednesday. UPS spokesman Mark Dickens says parking tickets are a cost of doing business in some cities.
The newspaper says parking tickets are on the upswing in Denver and are on pace to hit 670,000.
That would be 14 percent higher than last year and the most since Mayor John Hickenlooper took office in 2003 after making parking tickets a campaign issue.
City officials say they're not trying to drive up revenue. They say the increase is caused by more residential parking zones, more parking agents, replacement of faded no-parking signs and population growth.

SAFETY FIRST!!
:peaceful:
I believe that somebody should inform the Denver Police that UPS stands for............ Unlimited Parking Spaces.:wink2:

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I told a meter maid once about the Unlimited Parking Space and still got the ticket. Later that day I was delivering to the police station and I met the Chief in the hallway, I showed him the ticket and he kept it. He said she's new and needs trained in profession courtesy! No more tickets for Big Brown in that town.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Boston issues parking tickets like confetti.

Its always cute to see our mirror frames covered with orange tickets, remember the baseball cards one as a youth would put into your bike's spokes, kind of like that.:happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
In a town I used to deliver in, the downtown driver got a ticket. He also delivered to the Police Dept, so he went in with that big ol' orange ticket stuck in his shirt pocket.
Well, one of the big guys saw it, and took care of it for him.
Anything to take care of the UPS driver!

GeorgiaBrown

If you deliver to police stations and are friendly and take care of the cops they will generally take care of any traffic situations you may find yourself in (except vehicular homicide or something).... that has been my experience anyway.....most cops know what we do and they realize we don't really have a lot of options.... if you find yourself in a bind however ask for the chief and just explain what happened.... most of the time good things will result.

UPSGUY72

No parking tickets in my town. On one route I cover you see the parking meter guy driving around all day giving everyone else tickets. Its great you can park anywhere you want and not have to worry about getting a ticket.

BURMDPsupe

my DC center can average 3 to 6 tickets per car a day on average $100 per ticket.

Very similar to the Chevy Chase drivers on the low end of Wisconsin Ave...the parking police love big brown package cars (like the town of Chevy Chase needs more money)!

M-

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And, is that where we want to be? I'm just saying...................
Of course, its just an opinion whether we should or not.

I've heard the expression over the last few years, especially when it involves anything that involves cost, "coming down to the industry average".

I guess this may be another example.

It will be interesting once the economy turns around to see if more money is allocated to keeping cars clean.

old levi's

blank space

I've heard the expression over the last few years, especially when it involves anything that involves cost, "coming down to the industry average".

It will be interesting once the economy turns around to see if more money is allocated to keeping cars clean.

Excuse me, but the pkg. cars were no longer being washed long before the economy went south.

Ms.PacMan

"coming down to the industry average".

Not shooting the messenger, just commenting on the message...

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever read about UPS.

That's their business plan?! I guess that explains why they are giving up market share without a fight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not shooting the messenger, just commenting on the message...

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever read about UPS.

That's their business plan?! I guess that explains why they are giving up market share without a fight.

I think (hope) that Hoax had a strong dose of sarcasm in his message; if not, I also worry about our future.:whiteflag:

whiskey

I told a meter maid once about the Unlimited Parking Space and still got the ticket. Later that day I was delivering to the police station and I met the Chief in the hallway, I showed him the ticket and he kept it. He said she's new and needs trained in profession courtesy! No more tickets for Big Brown in that town.
I got 3 parking tickets in the span of 10 minutes from the same cop. He just followed me. He wanted me to put money in the meters. Not! Seems this police sarge was being punished by the Chief. And ticket duty was his punishment. Gave the 3 tickets to my center manager and sarge was never to be seen again.

old levi's

blank space

What was that famous saying by Jim Casey (remember Jim) " Lets only be as good as the competition and we will be successful."