UPS destroys all credibility in Chicago

moreluck

golden ticket member
I enjoyed it. Nice break for the people who see the same boring stuff everyday in Chicago. Sure beats running into Oprah!!

Channahon

I just happen to be in downtown Chicago yesterday, and saw the following. Package car #1 bulkhead door open, no driver, Package car #2 tucked away in an alley at the dock, Package car #3 driver stacking packages on hand cart, and a nice job at that. All within a 6 minute walk of a train station. Now had I seen this video being filmed in downtown, might have kept on walking, not impressed, although I know what message was being sent. About as bad as the "White Board Guy".

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It seems to me that while doing all of their "cute" dancing, they were not using their 5 keys to preventing slips & falls.

Am I right?

Kae3106

My alternate lyrics:
When the ad makes you cry like a poke in the eye......that's logistics.
When you feel lots of shame from our new ad campaign......that's logistics.

I have nothing against introducing the logistics concept to a wider audience but in my office, this ad campaign just makes most of us cringe. I think the supply chain and logistics capabilities of UPS are really cool and I hope we find a way to showcase them and bring them to more customers. I'm just not sure this is the way. Supposedly, this is part of a global advertising campaign that is supposed to be revolutionary according to the trade magazines. I just don't get it. As a business owner, I would want the sturdy, competent, trustworthy feeling from UPS, not this whimsical dance in the streets feeling. I don't care how you move my stuff, I just want to feel that it's in good hands. If this ad campaign was my first introduction to UPS, I might not have that confidence.

PS: There are ringtones of the song available on upsers for those diehard fans.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My alternate lyrics:
When the ad makes you cry like a poke in the eye......that's logistics.
When you feel lots of shame from our new ad campaign......that's logistics.

I have nothing against introducing the logistics concept to a wider audience but in my office, this ad campaign just makes most of us cringe. I think the supply chain and logistics capabilities of UPS are really cool and I hope we find a way to showcase them and bring them to more customers. I'm just not sure this is the way. Supposedly, this is part of a global advertising campaign that is supposed to be revolutionary according to the trade magazines. I just don't get it. As a business owner, I would want the sturdy, competent, trustworthy feeling from UPS, not this whimsical dance in the streets feeling. I don't care how you move my stuff, I just want to feel that it's in good hands. If this ad campaign was my first introduction to UPS, I might not have that confidence.

PS: There are ringtones of the song available on upsers for those diehard fans.

Your reaction (and mine too honestly) harkens back to the days of FedEx versus UPS advertising in the late 80's on up through the end of the 90's.
FedEx commercials which were widely recognized as being some of the most effective commercials and brand recognition ever created (remember the fast talking commercials) were of the type classified as "Emotive".
FedEx's Emotive commercials used the emotions of happiness and humor - they made people feel good, to associate FedEx as being Good.
This association would lead to the viewers using FedEx simply because it made them feel good.
As another example, remember the Coke "We are the World" commercials - this commercial is touted as the single-most effective commercial ever made, even though it had nothing to do with the Coke Products.

UPS commercials tended to be very factual based and tended to be very boring and uninspiring but a reflection of the seriousness of UPS.
These type of commercials were classified as "Cognitive".
Cognitive commercials used facts and logical presentation to lead the viewer to deduce that UPS provided good service, good pricing and technology.

UPS commercials, up to this point, have been Cognitive based commercials. The Logistics commercials is a blend of the two.

Time will tell whether it works.
I always thought the FedEx commercials were really dumb but they were incredibly effective in building the FedEx brand and getting people to use their services. I am willing (as if it makes a difference) to give the Logistics campaign the benefit of doubt.

PS - I like your lyrics.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thankfully I live in an area where most of the people couldn't define, let alone spell, logistics.

i-am-awesome.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Holy crap! I asked it before and I'll ask it again. You guys pay for this?! LOL. Seriously, I've seen high school band members march better. As for trying to bring levity into the commercials, they really need to start with brightening up color schemes (that won't happen). Enough with the storm-trooper image attempting to emote love. Some things simply are mutually exclusive. And loving logistics? People don't love logistics. They love puppy dogs, babies, families, etc. So an ad campaign that implies love of logistics has me thinking one thing: Weird.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
LOL!

Holy crap! I asked it before and I'll ask it again. You guys pay for this?! LOL. Seriously, I've seen high school band members march better. As for trying to bring levity into the commercials, they really need to start with brightening up color schemes (that won't happen). Enough with the storm-trooper image attempting to emote love. Some things simply are mutually exclusive. And loving logistics? People don't love logistics. They love puppy dogs, babies, families, etc. So an ad campaign that implies love of logistics has me thinking one thing: Weird.
I'm agreeing with you, and I haven't even seen that darn commercial.

Lol, well it's easier than "[-]sinchro[/-] [-]syncro[/-] synchronizing the world of commerce".
Or, "What can Brown do TO you".