ups discussions

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hahahahahahaha, you're right. I left UPS 2 months ago in early February. I work 9-5 everyday right now. I make $3 less an hour (much more though per week when you consider the lack of overtime) and I get paid holidays and other benefits. They are certainly not as good as UPS in terms of cheap insurance, and 5 sick 5 personal, but as of right now I can take a day off anytime I need to, I work my full shift leave work and do all I need to after work and I'm done with everything chilling with my family by the time I'd normally be punching out at UPS. My employer treats me like a human, never tries to intimidate me, doesn't micro manage me, and has an actual concern for my family. Matter of fact, my boss just gave me a gift for my youngster just for the sake of it and it was paid for on the company dime. I have zero fear of losing my job, I don't wake up calling my boss hoping I can get a RO, I don't care that it's raining, I don't stay up late at night trying to delay the inevitable....... My next work day, my body feels amazing, I'm am literally 100% stress free about work. Hell, I could go on forever.

Let me tell you the truth. I don't make as much money as I did. But gosh darn it's a great feeling being back in a job that actually cares about you. To UPS, you are just a turd that is easily replaced. Hell, there are tons on preload waiting to take your job. To my employer however, I'm a valuable member of the small team that relies on me for what I offer them. They want me there and make it evident by the way they treat me. I don't have to file grievances for excessive overtime, for harassment, for anything. It feels really :censored2:ing good.

So. Yea, the cats out of the bag...I'm no longer a UPSer. But rest assured, I'll continue to keep in touch with my former brothers here in BC!!!
Don't bother!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
last year, when you were making that $100k, how much time (other than weekends and those 7 weeks vacay) did you get to spend and enjoy with your family eating dinner with them and watching your kids after school events? the events that your kids want you to attend?
I use my 8 hour requests for anything I need to make ( or i'd bang in) As for dinner my kids are grown and gone,and quite often my much better half meets me for dinner on route.
no givebacks here folks

35years

Gravy route
so you can live in your fairy tale world thinking that UPS is the greatest job in america?

Good luck with your great new job!
SepticTankPumpout036DF.jpg

Foamer Pyle

I use my 8 hour requests for anything I need to make ( or i'd bang in) As for dinner my kids are grown and gone,and quite often my much better half meets me for dinner on route.
no givebacks here folks
If your meeting your wife for dinner on your route, then your not eating lunch, or you brown bag it, and eat on the fly. I know how much overtime it takes to earn $100k, and you are never home before 8pm. If that works for you great, but it is certainly no life, in my opinion.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ups is a future forward looking company. They take bits and pieces here and there. Our union hasn't caught on yet.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Hahahahahahaha, you're right. I left UPS 2 months ago in early February. I work 9-5 everyday right now. I make $3 less an hour (much more though per week when you consider the lack of overtime) and I get paid holidays and other benefits. They are certainly not as good as UPS in terms of cheap insurance, and 5 sick 5 personal, but as of right now I can take a day off anytime I need to, I work my full shift leave work and do all I need to after work and I'm done with everything chilling with my family by the time I'd normally be punching out at UPS. My employer treats me like a human, never tries to intimidate me, doesn't micro manage me, and has an actual concern for my family. Matter of fact, my boss just gave me a gift for my youngster just for the sake of it and it was paid for on the company dime. I have zero fear of losing my job, I don't wake up calling my boss hoping I can get a RO, I don't care that it's raining, I don't stay up late at night trying to delay the inevitable....... My next work day, my body feels amazing, I'm am literally 100% stress free about work. Hell, I could go on forever.

Let me tell you the truth. I don't make as much money as I did. But gosh darn it's a great feeling being back in a job that actually cares about you. To UPS, you are just a turd that is easily replaced. Hell, there are tons on preload waiting to take your job. To my employer however, I'm a valuable member of the small team that relies on me for what I offer them. They want me there and make it evident by the way they treat me. I don't have to file grievances for excessive overtime, for harassment, for anything. It feels really :censored2:ing good.

So. Yea, the cats out of the bag...I'm no longer a UPSer. But rest assured, I'll continue to keep in touch with my former brothers here in BC!!!
Until that great company you work for now has to downsize. Last one hired, first one fired.

It could happen to you in this economy no matter what industry you work now. At least with ups, you have union protection against that. Are there trade offs? Yep. Every career has that.

You just have to know how to play the game at ups well.

At least now you'll be able to smoke wed everyday and wear your headphones while driving without killing anyone in a ups truck.

You'll get to use your own car for that now, maybe?

Holydriver

Until that great company you work for now has to downsize. Last one hired, first one fired.

It could happen to you in this economy no matter what industry you work now. At least with ups, you have union protection against that. Are there trade offs? Yep. Every career has that.

You just have to know how to play the game at ups well.

At least now you'll be able to smoke wed everyday and wear your headphones while driving without killing anyone in a ups truck.

You'll get to use your own car for that now, maybe?
There are only 15 employees which includes the owner. In feeling pretty safe. You should try experiencing this sort of life sometime. Take a week off and work at a job elsewhere that week just to get a feeling of the good life

Foamer Pyle

There are only 15 employees which includes the owner. In feeling pretty safe. You should try experiencing this sort of life sometime. Take a week off and work at a job elsewhere that week just to get a feeling of the good life
I think some of these guys are jealous. Glad you are happy and doing well. When I get my 30 in, I will be 55, and looking for something else to do. Three short years to go.

Holydriver

I think some of these guys are jealous. Glad you are happy and doing well. When I get my 30 in, I will be 55, and looking for something else to do. Three short years to go.
I swear to you, when you get into another job you will be blown away at how you've been treated those 30 years. It really is crazy, and its somewhat depressing to think that that is how we've all lived. Even worse, some people apparently have drank the kool aid. Or at the very least they know that good pay/bemefit is ALL they have at UPS and just grasp onto it to the very end.

Congratulations to you on a good career. And remember, once you leave UPS you'll be treated as human again. And you'll love it.

Thanks for the kind words by the way, and yes, I assume most of the heat is probably coming from those jealous that they didn't get out early

35years

Gravy route
The guy who pumps my tanks gets $200 for about 20 min work----he says it all smells like "money" to him.
I deliver to a crap sucker. He started his own port-a-potty business. Now owns a huge, gorgeous stucco tutor with a slate roof on 5 of the prettiest wooded acres you have ever seen. The house and grounds are immaculate and manicured.

I guess they never saw the episode of Sanford and son where Fred Sanford scatters junk in his own yard so the neighbors wont realize how much money he makes collecting junk.
upload_2016-4-29_22-42-55.jpeg

Can you hear the theme song in your mind right now?

By The Book

I deliver to a crap sucker. He started his own port-a-potty business. Now owns a huge, gorgeous stucco tutor with a slate roof on 5 of the prettiest wooded acres you have ever seen. The house and grounds are immaculate and manicured.

I guess they never saw the episode of Sanford and son where Fred Sanford scatters junk in his own yard so the neighbors wont realize how much money he makes collecting junk.
View attachment 79733
Can you hear the theme song in your mind right now?
Yes....yes I can