UPS doesn't match 401(k) contributions, but...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Vanguard has many more funds to choose from.
I have been in the ups 401k for years and put in a decent Amount every year. My wife puts in 1/4 of me in vanguard accounts and actually is starting to catch up with me....my Edward jones guy said that for such a large company the funds in ups 401k are nothing special and the choices are very basic

I have been in the ups 401k for years and put in a decent Amount every year. My wife puts in 1/4 of me in vanguard accounts and actually is starting to catch up with me....my Edward jones guy said that for such a large company the funds in ups 401k are nothing special and the choices are very basic
They are playing it safe. My wife works for a much smaller company than UPS. She has a lot better choices but much higher fees.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They are playing it safe. My wife works for a much smaller company than UPS. She has a lot better choices but much higher fees.
I would almost be willing to bet the house that ups management has a larger portfolio of funds to pick from for their 401k than us uneducated nasty ol' teamster dirtbags...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe. But the new supervisors don't have a pension plan.
A lot of the new supervisors work here for a few years and then use the name to get a better job elsewhere.
i doubt that is what they were thinking once they get hired here but after a year or so then realize that this could be a good job to have on an application...many companies are matching or exceeding what ups could give but they decide to take more away.. Brilliant strategy..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i doubt that is what they were thinking once they get hired here but after a year or so then realize that this could be a good job to have on an application...many companies are matching or exceeding what ups could give but they decide to take more away.. Brilliant strategy..

Many of the PT sups are here either for the tuition money or to get UPS on their resume.