UPS Driver commits suicide

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
Skid Mark has passed away, he killed himself on Mon Nov 17, 2008. He was fired from UPS for supposedly falsifying delivery records. He had recently filed grievances concerning the new satellite routes. He told me the management would harrass him after filling the grievences and only about 3 weeks later he is fired and commits suicide.

Signed
His Wife.....

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
Re: Lawsuit

I am serious, check it out James Douglas Barnett aka skid mark committed suicide on November 18. His obit is at www.parispi.net. He worked at the Paris TN Center and it has been a nightmare week.
Signed His wife
Janice

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
Skid Mark, James Barnett, a member of this site, committed suicide on November 18, 2008. He was fired from UPS in Paris TN for Presigning delivery records, a common practice because of being overloaded. He was well outspoken and management did not like that. He worked for UPS for 23 years. He will be greatly missed. He was the love of my life. His Wife Janice

Mrs. Barnett, I am so sorry for your loss. May God fortify your strength to keep your family close in your time of need.

LiL"Comet"

Janice I wish there was something I could say or do for you and your family in this terrible time. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that God will keep you guys close to him during this holiday season. :angel2:

I'm so sorry... God Bless you

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen

Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family in this time of grief.

--------------------------------------------------------
From: https://web.archive.org/web/20090110005254/http://www.henrycountian.com/news.php?viewStory=1721

JAMES DOUGLAS "JIM" BARNETT

1957-2008

STEWART COUNTY: James Douglas "Jim" Barnett, 51, of Paris, died Tuesday, November 18 at Stewart County. Funeral services are set for Saturday, November 22 at 11:00 a.m. at the LeDon Chapel of Ridgeway Funeral Home with Corey Cain officiating. Burial will follow at Olive Branch Cemetery in Cottage Grove. Visitation is set for Friday, November 21 from 4:00 until 8:00 p.m. and on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until services.

Mr. Barnett was born on February 20, 1957 in Detroit, MI to James Dudley Barnett and Mary Edith Doty Barnett, both of Paris, both who survive. He was married to Janice Larson Barnett on April, 18, 2008, who survives. He was employed with UPS in Paris for 23 years and was a member of Maplewood Baptist Church and was a US Army veteran. He was a collector of railroad memorabilia, arts, crafts and older period furniture and was an avid bicycler.

Other than his parents and his wife, he is also survived by: two sons, Dwayne (Laura) Barnett of Paris and Michael Larson of Paris; two daughters, Christie (Brian) Bizeau of Paris and Ashley Larson of Paris; two sisters, Mariann Barnett Hagy of Paris and Brenda Dudzinski of Durham, NC; four grandchildren; three nephews and in-laws Betty and William Keen of Clarksville.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'm so very sorry for your loss and the pain and suffering you must be going through at this incredibly difficult time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
Just to clarify. Jim committed suicide on Monday November 17 but the obit says November 18 because that is when I found him at Land between the Lakes in Stewart County TN.
Janice