UPS Driver commits suicide

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
nana

the jews believe and worship God.

then again, it might be you are right. there are those that hold the reverence of the name of God to such a high degree that they wont even mention it without the proper tone, attire, stance etc.

but its still ok. there are some of us that do have the reverence when we type God.

:happy2:

d

bingo, you're correct. i am Jewish. we do not type/write the full name of G-d in reverence, b/c the item/paper can be thrown out. i also agree that it's ok for you to type as you feel is ok for you, and has no reflection on your reverence. thanks you asking about it though. i had professors that would correct my papers in college, and it left me with the issue of having the full name of G-d on my paper and being unable to toss them. oh well. thanks again.

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
Jim,

I love you More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
bingo, you're correct. i am Jewish. we do not type/write the full name of G-d in reverence, b/c the item/paper can be thrown out. i also agree that it's ok for you to type as you feel is ok for you, and has no reflection on your reverence. thanks you asking about it though. i had professors that would correct my papers in college, and it left me with the issue of having the full name of G-d on my paper and being unable to toss them. oh well. thanks again.

As Johnny Carson would say, I did not know this. Very interesting, Downsized. Thanks for adding to my knowledge.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
I am still here reading the posts everyday. I know some people don't understand why I am doing this, but it makes me feel connected to Jim. I would catch him up at 4 in the morning sometimes reading browncafe. It wanted to connected with other people in his situation. I think everyone who posts on this thread, whether I agree with everything that is said or not, I want to keep it going...........Thank you again for keeping Jimi's memory alive so other UPS employees can read about him......

Janice,

As long as memories are kept alive, and traditions kept, life will go on, and Jim will live on in the memories of all who knew and loved him. and, now, even some of us who didn't know him, but he was (and you are) a part of the UPS family. Please stay close.

rod

Retired 22 years
Jim,

I love you More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you contacted a grief counselor yet? I highly recommend doing that. The service is free and they are trained to help you through these trying times.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
As Johnny Carson would say, I did not know this. Very interesting, Downsized. Thanks for adding to my knowledge.

happy to explain if i can. i love learning knew things too.
btw.... when prayer books have become to tatteted for use, and need to be retired, or something like news articles need to be dispoded of, they are collected, and burried once or twice a year. so nothing with the name G-d will be thrown out in the trash.

Janice, how are you today? Stupid question i am sure. just know that there are people who care and are here for you.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
down

what position are you in at ups?

thanks for the post, while i already knew that, it is good to hear about people placing proper reverence where it is due.

Janice, i know you are being pulled and pushed around right now. take some time for yourself? you are the most important person to two wonderful kids that really need you right now. and unless you take some time just for you, you will not be able to help them.

d

LiL"Comet"

BBAG I'm also PM Janice and its good for me to see what D is talking to her about as well so I'm not asking her the same questions. Trying to help someone in anyway is what we are here for....

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
gandy

i wished you had started a new thread to discuss the pros and cons of the issue with ups.

i for one would love to see it moved and discusses somewhere else, not here, but i am not one to make that decision.

BS&BRAG,

thanks for your help and concern. i have offered to comunicate privately with Janice, but it is her call, not mine. so as it seems she prefers public discusions, that is the only venue i have to comunicate my concern for her.

but again, thanks for your help and concern.

d

Last edited:

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
This means so much to me that after 3 1/2 weeks this thread is still alive. Thank you to everyone who has posted and a special thank you to Dannyboy, LilComet, and dilligaf.

LiL"Comet"

Janice You are very welcome dear we will be here for you till.............................................................. :wink2::peaceful:

Still praying everyday J :angel2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Janice

there comes a point in life where people come and go. each touches our lives in some way.

you have been a blessing to me. hard to put into words.

i am proud to "know" you. please also know that as long as you travel down that road, you are never alone.

And remember, God has your back!

YIMP

d