UPS driver doing a route blind

billerz

Just wondering if my center manager can send me out on a route blind if I don't want them to. I have done routes with one day of training, but I don't want to start doing them blind because I know that they will start doing that to me all the time.

barnyard

KTM rider
Everyone does it. Get used to it.

The worst is doing a route blind 1 day and then doing it 1 day every couple of months for the next 2 years. I did one route 8 times over 2 years before I did it for a whole week. And that was years before PAL/PAS/EDD.

If your load is loaded according to EDD and your center is on Orion. You have it made.

Boxchucker

I love dirty boxes
Oh young padawan you will learn there is no such thing as doing a route blind. You are guided by something innate in each one of us that drives you forward.

Stopher

thats how it all starts bub. There is not a single driver here who hasn't done it. Just give it your best effort. You'll be a bit nervous your first day and make mistakes due to lack of area knowledge. You'll take your lumps the first day but by the third day you will have all the tricks down. That's how long it takes me to learn a rte and do it effectively. Now I know bout 20 routes like the back of my hand. It's a learning curve. Don't let them make you feel bad if you faulter here or there. Get a good map book. I found it easier than looking up individual stops on my phone. You get a real layout for the area cause edd/Orion can have you passing stops especially on main roads. Pay attention to your surroundings as you drive. I've made a career out of swinging. Running different routes also teaches you which routes you do and don't want. You'll be fine. Let us know how it goes.

billerz

Everyone does it. Get used to it.

The worst is doing a route blind 1 day and then doing it 1 day every couple of months for the next 2 years. I did one route 8 times over 2 years before I did it for a whole week. And that was years before PAL/PAS/EDD.

If your load is loaded according to EDD and your center is on Orion. You have it made.
This is why I'm glad I'm driving now and not 30 years ago lol. I love being a robot, that's why I don't want to go out blind, i will have to use my brain... or at least some small portion of it

barnyard

KTM rider
All you have to figure out now is which door to go to. Everything else is in the board. The less time you spend massaging cardboard, the sooner you will get er done.

billerz

thats how it all starts bub. There is not a single driver here who hasn't done it. Just give it your best effort. You'll be a bit nervous your first day and make mistakes due to lack of area knowledge. You'll take your lumps the first day but by the third day you will have all the tricks down. That's how long it takes me to learn a rte and do it effectively. Now I know bout 20 routes like the back of my hand. It's a learning curve. Don't let them make you feel bad if you faulter here or there. Get a good map book. I found it easier than looking up individual stops on my phone. You get a real layout for the area cause edd/Orion can have you passing stops especially on main roads. Pay attention to your surroundings as you drive. I've made a career out of swinging. Running different routes also teaches you which routes you do and don't want. You'll be fine. Let us know how it goes.
Will do man. I've learned 5 routes since I went full time this summer. That will probly be 15 by this time next year lol

Whargoul

Yeah dude just run your air first and make sure you do the pickups on time and who gives a :censored2:? Take your time. Every route I know they just tossed me on it and gave me no info. Get this too - they put me out on a route blind and then I had to train the driver who won the bid on that route about a week later... like wtf man!