UPS driver gets a ticket off the clock.

I was just curious as to what a UPS driver would do if she/he got a speeding ticket while off the clock, say on a weekend or going home from work. What should they do? How would they handle it? Would they lose their job? Could they continue to drive?

Some one I know is in quite a dilemma because of this exact situation. Comments and suggestions would help! Considering the ticket is NOT that substantial and will NOT result in a loss of a license or suspension. Most likely points and a fine.

wage EARNER

Once you are certified as a driver(full or part time), normal traffic violations(off the clock) cannot affect your driving position. If your license is suspended, notify your supervisor immediately. Do not roll off the lot with a suspended license.

UPSGUY72

I was just curious as to what a UPS driver would do if she/he got a speeding ticket while off the clock, say on a weekend or going home from work. What should they do? How would they handle it? Would they lose their job? Could they continue to drive?

Some one I know is in quite a dilemma because of this exact situation. Comments and suggestions would help! Considering the ticket is NOT that substantial and will NOT result in a loss of a license or suspension. Most likely points and a fine.

You don't have to do anything until next year when they hand you a yearly driving record form you fill in the information.

Stop sweating it you have nothing to worry about. However, you should watch your speed in my area speeding tickets raise your car insurance...

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Once you are certified as a driver(full or part time), normal traffic violations(off the clock) cannot affect your driving position. If your license is suspended, notify your supervisor immediately. Do not roll off the lot with a suspended license.
Once a year we list all our moving violations. When in doubt list all violations just to be on the safe side.

raceanoncr

However, if you are CONVICTED of any offense that could jeopardize your employment, you DO have to notify them immediately. On the clock or off.

UPSGUY72

Not true they are asking for the information for a reason.

You get to many moving violations and you start to become a safety hazard and a big liability to UPS. If you got into a accident in a UPS vehicle the other person attorney would have a field day getting UPS to explain why driver who had 4 speeding tickets in the last year is still driving a UPS vehicle.

You don't have to do anything until next year when they hand you a yearly driving record form you fill in the information.

Stop sweating it you have nothing to worry about. However, you should watch your speed in my area speeding tickets raise your car insurance...

What will happen to her if she has this speeding ticket on her record?????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

She should try to get the ticket reduced and/or take a defensive driving class to get the points off her license.

My last speeding was 5-10 years ago. 76 in a 55. $255 fine and 4 points. Paid the fine, took the class, listed the violation and the class on the drivers certification. On-car told me to slow down.

She should try to get the ticket reduced and/or take a defensive driving class to get the points off her license.

My last speeding was 5-10 years ago. 76 in a 55. $255 fine and 4 points. Paid the fine, took the class, listed the violation and the class on the drivers certification. On-car told me to slow down.
how long after you got it did you tell your on-car

CHALLY9TX

Notify your sup. Sup will probably tell you to not worry about it and list it on that sheet at the beginning of the year but at least you told management. Definitely say something though. Had a driver fired for working on a suspended license. Claimed he didn't know. Yeah right. He ended up getting his job back though. When I got my speeding ticket it was considered a civil violation and not moving. That sheet requires you to list moving violations only. Still listed it though just to be safe.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

One thing UPS management is consistent about is they hate surprises. Tell them to cover your butt.

Wrong. There is no need or obligation to verbally tell management anything it's a simple speeding ticket that can be disclosed on the annual moving violation form drivers fill out yearly.

Z

ZQXC

76 in a 55 / foolish