Ups driver going through a divorce. It's hard

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
DONT start drinking. That solves nothing. Last thing you need is a DUI! Hope you find some peace and the heaviness removed from your heart.
This job is stressful enough, without have personal s on top of it.

Also alcohol is a depressant which isn't what you want when already depressed.

When I went through a major breakup with a long time live-in girlfriend who I had moved/relocated my job for (after catching her in the hot tub with another guy) I ended the relationship, moved out and back where I came from. Even though I was the one who broke it off and moved out (she begged me to stay) I felt really down.

What got me through it was playing a really immersive online multiplayer video game. It was like the virtual world replaced the real world for a period of time until I could get over it. It also had a social aspect to it as you gamed with other people all over the world. Now granted it was well over a decade ago and I was quite a big younger, but yeah find your "thing" to keep your mind busy.

Silence is your enemy.

If you like country, stop listening to it for a while.

bluehdmc

Happily divorced twice and still single after 19yrs. I've had a few relationships but nothing permanent. I admit it was tough when it first happened. Best advice I can give is do something you like to do in your time off. Look online for social groups,(Meetup.com) has groups that do different things, many of them in the 30's, 40's, and 50's. There are hiking groups, dining out, etc. You meet some people with similar interests and get out of the house sitting alone. You will get through it, it just takes time and it helps to keep the mind occupied.

SafeYARDdog

It's hard to everyone. Based on wiki: you should spend free time go to college and find another one. Hope time help you feel better.
Thanx for reading. I have been separated for almost a year and will sone be divorced. I am in my mid forties and have no kids. Was wondering how some of you guys and girls made it through this process. It is really hard starting over with this job and at this stage in my life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce#United_States

Success in marriage has been associated with higher education and higher age. 81% of college graduates, over 26 years of age, who wed in the 1980s, were still married 20 years later. 65% of college graduates under 26, who married in the 1980s, were still married 20 years later. 49% of high school graduates under 26 years old, who married in the 1980s, were still married 20 years later.[61] 2.9% of adults age 35–39 without a college degree divorced in the year 2009, compared with 1.6% with a college education.[62]

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It's hard to everyone. Based on wiki: you should spend free time go to college and find another one. Hope time help you feel better.

Success in marriage has been associated with higher education and higher age. 81% of college graduates, over 26 years of age, who wed in the 1980s, were still married 20 years later. 65% of college graduates under 26, who married in the 1980s, were still married 20 years later. 49% of high school graduates under 26 years old, who married in the 1980s, were still married 20 years later.[61] 2.9% of adults age 35–39 without a college degree divorced in the year 2009, compared with 1.6% with a college education.[62]
That's got to be one of the dumbest responses to any question I have seen. The OP doesn't need a WIKI cite, he needs support and kind words from his peers. MNguyen, you don't even work for UPS anymore, why don't you find another site to add your silly and redundant responses to.

Overpaid Union Thug

A divorce sucks but very few people experience the stress that a single parent UPS driver faces. The work hours aren't exactly compatible with daycares or after school activities. Unless you are dispatched with eight hours days everyday.

SafeYARDdog

That's got to be one of the dumbest responses to any question I have seen. The OP doesn't need a WIKI cite, he needs support and kind words from his peers. MNguyen, you don't even work for UPS anymore, why don't you find another site to add your silly and redundant responses to.
you might misconcept but yeah my bad...i like to read silly stuffs on wiki and that report is fun so i quote it for funny purpose. The OP has been in separation for 1 year and he divorced. He has to skip it/ start over a new one.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
you might misconcept but yeah my bad...i like to read silly stuffs on wiki and that report is fun so i quote it for funny purpose. The OP has been in separation for 1 year and he divorced. He has to skip it/ start over a new one.
So quoting WIKI is funny for a divorce? Maybe it's time for you to move on to another forum where your comments will be more appreciated.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Whats that got to do with the whole divorce thing? NOT A DAMM THING lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Awe. Take it easy on MNguyen. It's hard for a virgin to understand what ending a relationship is like, much less a marriage. All he has to go on is Wikipedia. :)

overflowed

Thanx for reading. I have been separated for almost a year and will sone be divorced. I am in my mid forties and have no kids. Was wondering how some of you guys and girls made it through this process. It is really hard starting over with this job and at this stage in my life.
Sucks bro, I feel for you. Had something similar happen long ago. Just listen to some of these folks, most give good advice. jump comes to mind, do whatever the hell you want and soar the oats a little. This type of thing always helps men though, helped me in a few departments. Get a beautiful inanimate object and put your attention and focus into that. By the time you forget about your issues now, you're gonna have one bad ass ride.
1967-Shelby-Mustang-Eleanor-GT500-3.jpg