UPS Driver Hit And Killed In Sacramento Yard

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
1/7/16 at 915 pm one of our own was struck and trapped under or between trailer in the UPS W. Sacramento yard. they were transported to the UC Davis medical facility where they later died of their injuries.

that's all i know right now. OSHA is on scene and driver that hit him/her is cooperating.

this is hard to type as i probably know the drivers. praying for the families.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article53684735.html

Last edited by a moderator:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
driver was 47 years old with 28 years with company.

that's all anyone knows. called my hub and SAC hub and they are not giving out any info at this time.

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
The driver hit was a good friend of mine. He will be missed by many. Prayers and thoughts for his family. Also he was not struck or pinned by a trailer. He was hit by a yard bird and no trailer was connected.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The driver hit was a good friend of mine. He will be missed by many. Prayers and thoughts for his family. Also he was not struck or pinned by a trailer. He was hit by a yard bird and no trailer was connected.
Was he hit walking out the building to go home?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
He was just starting his shift. Apparently walking to his tractor.
I seen on the TV how foggy it was . I hated the fog in SAC. I'm real sorry you lost a friend. waiting for the name. i probably knew him slightly. I went into the SAC yard nearly every night for 25 years.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

omg, what a tragedy

Everyone, please take take that extra second to be aware of your operating space.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'm sorry to hear this ,, I couldn't imagine the horror of this !! I'm sure this has hit you hard!! Being at ups for more than 25 yrs, I feel as close to some if the guys as I do with my own family and have lifelong buds here !! This was a real tragedy and I'm sorry you lost your friend ! My prayers to him and the poor driver that hit him !

Catatonic

Nine Lives

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Condolences for all involved. The Yard is a dangerous place to be, all of us need to remain focused on what's going on around us.