UPS Driver Killed in Pursuit

Treegrower

He should have called it off why? Could he forsee this goofball rear ending an 18 wheeler??

My favorite part of the article is after it says that he ran into the back of a big rig. "The truck driver was not hurt" YA THINK??
Not as obvious as you might think. My former loop partner and good friend went to feeders a few years ago. He was pulling doubles when he was rear ended by a driver traveling at a high rate of speed ( in excess of 100 mph) hit him square in the back of the 2nd box. He was hospitalized for a day and a half. Rear trailer was totaled. Dolly had to be put on a flat bed and hauled away and the pintle of the lead box was broken. The force of the impact threw him around the cab with such force he suffered a concussion and whiplash. Although he had no broken bones, his neck and back have never been the same.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Not as obvious as you might think. My former loop partner and good friend went to feeders a few years ago. He was pulling doubles when he was rear ended by a driver traveling at a high rate of speed ( in excess of 100 mph) hit him square in the back of the 2nd box. He was hospitalized for a day and a half. Rear trailer was totaled. Dolly had to be put on a flat bed and hauled away and the pintle of the lead box was broken. The force of the impact threw him around the cab with such force he suffered a concussion and whiplash. Although he had no broken bones, his neck and back have never been the same.

Doubles are different, since it's not a sokid trailer. You hit a 53' trailer square in the ass, he'll hardly notice, and you'll be dead (depending on speed)

JL 0513

Question is, would his driving job (PC driver, not feeder), even be in jeopardy if he had just taken the ticket? I don't think so unless perhaps he got written up for reckless driving which I guess is possible. Honestly, I don't know UPS's policies on this. I know a routine ticket once you are seniority won't end you.

wayfair

swollen member
Question is, would his driving job (PC driver, not feeder), even be in jeopardy if he had just taken the ticket? I don't think so unless perhaps he got written up for reckless driving which I guess is possible. Honestly, I don't know UPS's policies on this. I know a routine ticket once you are seniority won't end you.

even if it were reckless, hire a lawyer... hes got money living at moms house and all

Mr.Golden

At 30 years old, no less. It's pretty sad the percentage of people over 25 living with their parents these days.

Depends how you look at it.....in his situation he probably didn't want to pay $900+ only to sleep for a few hours vs staying with his parents for free. You also have those type that talks about what they have in a arrogant way. Now that type is babied too much.