UPS driver needs your help!

Brett Robbins

This young UPS driver has fallen ill with a debilitating disease which has revoked his DOT. Originally UPS was allowing him to work split shifts on the morning and evening sort(at reduced pay),now UPS has decided that there is no work he can do! Without any means of supporting himself and his medical bills are mounting! Please help me take care of one of our own!

km3

Why not?

Sounds to me like they bent over backwards trying to work with him.

That's not what I read. They allowed him to work inside to get hours at first, then they decided to take away that privilege.

He probably can't be fired, though. The proper word for his current situation is "limbo."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's not what I read. They allowed him to work inside to get hours at first, then they decided to take away that privilege.

He probably can't be fired, though. The proper word for his current situation is "limbo."

They decided that they did not have appropriate work for him which tells me that his medical condition had worsened to the point where he was no longer able to work.

No, he can't be fired, but he can be moved to the inactive roster.

km3

They decided that they did not have appropriate work for him which tells me that his medical condition had worsened to the point where he was no longer able to work.

I've been told in the past that drivers who lose their DOT card cannot come back inside the HUB to work, where I am. I got ahead of myself, assuming this was the policy everywhere. It's a dumb policy if it's real, in any case.

As far as the original poster is concerned, I prefer to take what he's saying at face value; and he says that the driver is perfectly able to do all of the jobs he was being given with no complaints.

In case nobody's noticed, that GoFundMe page has been up for over a month and all of the activity is from just within the past few days. FWIW.