UPS driver observation of Trump/Clinton political yard signage/bumper stickers,...

Who is getting the visual support in your area?

• Trump

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Clinton

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
maxresdefault.jpg
Is that campaign rally where you're getting your yard sign tally numbers from?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I haven't taken any pictures. These are just online pics as an example.

Not my pic. Just for giggles. When I say I see about 150 Trump signs a day, I mean 150 separate properties I drive by with them.
I hear ya, kind of a silly thread over all.
I see mostly donald signs where I work, and mostly hillary where I live. But I live in a relatively diverse area compared to where I work, so that's to be expected.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I haven't taken any pictures. These are just online pics as an example.

Not my pic. Just for giggles. When I say I see about 150 Trump signs a day, I mean 150 separate properties I drive by with them.

If you expect any real results from your poll, post more than two choices and don't try to skew the results with images you find online.

JL 0513

If you expect any real results from your poll, post more than two choices and don't try to skew the results with images you find online.

Do you think Jill Stein can win? This a 2 person race. Hence two poll choices. Why would posting signage examples skew what others observe?

Here's a Hillary sign to even it out for you (the Hillary sign I see the most of in liberal MA).

IMG_2899.JPG

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Do you think Jill Stein can win? This a 2 person race. Hence two poll choices. Why would posting signage examples skew what others observe?

Here's a Hillary sign to even it out for you (the Hillary sign I see the most of in liberal MA).

IMG_2899.JPG

That's the problem.

You skewed your poll to begin with.

You could have added questions like, I don't see any, I don't care, I'm not going to vote......

And then, when you add your Trump sign pictures, you indicate your opinion.

Not very scientific or unbiased.

JL 0513

That's the problem.

You skewed your poll to begin with.

You could have added questions like, I don't see any, I don't care, I'm not going to vote......

And then, when you add your Trump sign pictures, you indicate your opinion.

Not very scientific or unbiased.

You're missing the point of the discussion and taking this too seriously. This isn't a scientific thread. Plain and simple discussion: Do you see more Trump signs/stickers or more Clinton signs/stickers. That's it. It's also not supposed to be a political discussion or who are you voting for discussion. There's already tons of other threads. No need for other poll options. If in the nearly impossible scenario you don't see any signs 5 weeks before a massively important presidential election, then you don't vote.

Also, I didn't write a single word with example pics I posted. What opinion? I haven't even indicated support of a candidate in this thread.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You're missing the point of the discussion and taking this too seriously. This isn't a scientific thread. Plain and simple discussion: Do you see more Trump signs/stickers or more Clinton signs/stickers. That's it. It's also not supposed to be a political discussion or who are you voting for discussion. There's already tons of other threads. No need for other poll options. If in the nearly impossible scenario you don't see any signs 5 weeks before a massively important presidential election, then you don't vote.

Also, I didn't write a single word with example pics I posted. What opinion? I haven't even indicated support of a candidate in this thread.

I take absolutely nothing on this forum seriously.

However, I do believe if you want to start a poll, you should at the very least give more than two choices. Kinda something I learned long ago about scientific method.

JL 0513

However, I do believe if you want to start a poll, you should at the very least give more than two choices. Kinda something I learned long ago about scientific method.

It was simply intended to gauge what drivers are seeing on their routes or own neighborhoods. This is a binary choice election whether people like it or not. Johnson or Stein will not be the next President. A simple 2 option poll gives a nice clean percentage comparison of the 2 legitimate candidates.

The reason the idea for the thread question came to mind is because of my observation this year of the seemingly one sided support for Trump in a dark blue state as for sign and bumper sticker support goes. I have been truly surprised by this. Just doesn't jive with supposed poll results. Just wondering if it was the same across the country.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It was simply intended to gauge what drivers are seeing on their routes or own neighborhoods. This is a binary choice election whether people like it or not. Johnson or Stein will not be the next President. A simple 2 option poll gives a nice clean percentage comparison of the 2 legitimate candidates.
Using your logic, it is a singular choice election since Trump statistically cannot win. So we should just stop talking about it already I guess....

Babagounj

Strength through joy

If you're this serious about this thread , you must be a bundle of laughs at work.

JL 0513

Using your logic, it is a singular choice election since Trump statistically cannot win. So we should just stop talking about it already I guess....

What do you mean "statistically cannot win"? I'm not making predictions but polls say he can win. Either way, it's going to be one or the other with Johnson and Stein pulling about 10% away from them.

And as with every thread we're getting off topic...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What do you mean "statistically cannot win"? I'm not making predictions but polls say he can win. Either way, it's going to be one or the other with Johnson and Stein pulling about 10% away from them.

And as with every thread we're getting off topic...
Lulz. You're too easy.

Sportello

IMG_2899.JPG
I did a TinEye search for that image. You did not take that picture on your route. It has been around since August 2015.

Funny thing is, Trump has a better chance of being led off in handcuffs than Clinton.

JL 0513

I did a TinEye search for that image. You did not take that picture on your route. It has been around since August 2015.

Funny thing is, Trump has a better chance of being led off in handcuffs than Clinton.

Already said I haven't taken pics. Too busy delivering pkgs. I just said I see a lot of these.