UPS driver runs over a dog.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Warning; grathic.

LiveLeak.com - Scumbag UPS

To tell you the truth, this really doesnt look like the drivers fault. The dog runs out into an open road and gets nailed by the package car. The driver did go back to see what he hit. He also probably called his sup and gave them info on what just happened.

The fault seems to fall upon the owner of the dog/ dogs that are obviously running free on the street. Theres people in my hood that do this same thing, then complain that someone hit or stole their dog. The poster of this video is going to scream, cry and gripe that UPS just doesnt give a damn. Well, perhaps you could put the dog in the back yard within the fence, problem solved.

Indecisi0n

The video starts with the hood of the UPS truck facing the other ways which shows the driver came back. The fault is on the owner of the dog. He failed to keep his dog on his property.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
The video starts with the hood of the UPS truck facing the other ways which shows the driver came back. The fault is on the owner of the dog. He failed to keep his dog on his property.

I love hearing the person taping this on their phone, sounded like they were crying. I feel sorry for him / her, but Houston has leash laws. You let the dog roam free, broke the law and now will blame UPS for it happening. I'm sure that driver sup will blame them for it, tell him / her to expect the unexpected.

barnyard

KTM rider
Reading the comments on the Live Leak site, it looks like public opinion is on our side on this.

Our district went on a jag a few years ago because we were hitting so many dogs. Most of them were on the street, a few in driveways. The street hits, I say are ALWAYS unavoidable. If we start saying they are avoidable, someday, we are going to find a dead UPSer. No one is going to be able to figure out how he/she died, but it will be because he/she tried to avoid hitting a dog and getting charged with an accident.

At some point, UPS needs to grow a pair and tell the general public, "If you love your dog, tie it up or keep it inside a fence. If you let it run in the street, someone will probably hit it."

over9five

Staff member
It's the New World of litigation and not taking responsibility for your own actions.

"I'm gonna sue UPS for running over MY dog that I let run in the streets"

oldngray

nowhere special
If you hit a dog in owner's driveway its your fault. If the dog is on the street you feel bad about it but its the owner's fault.

beentheredonethat

I love dogs, but can't see any fault with the UPS driver. Also, it seemed that whole neighborhood let thier dogs roam free. The owner is at fault for not controlling their dog.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I like dogs but I'm not to feel bad about running over one. It happens. There are some dumb dogs out there. Just like people.

Just to tell u how some customers are. We had a driver get attacked by 3 pitbulls ups or the driver didn't sue the people. A year later a driver ran over one of those dogs and they sued our pants off.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I killed a rotty a few yrs back, her name was LUCY. It was icy, freezing, she ran out, and I hit her, I tried to brake, and was sliding, let off the brake and hit her. She was going across the street to her grammas. I went back, covered her with my jacket, got someone to pull over and stay with her while I went door to door, looking for her owner. The owner was mad at himself and not me, and called my boss the next day and told him so. I am crying right now remembering it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I love dogs in general and I will cry like a baby when one dies, but ultimately it is the owners responsibility to make sure their dog isnt running loose on a public road.

I just watched the video. It wasnt the drivers fault, and at least the dog died instantly and didnt suffer.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I killed a rotty a few yrs back, her name was LUCY. It was icy, freezing, she ran out, and I hit her, I tried to brake, and was sliding, let off the brake and hit her. She was going across the street to her grammas. I went back, covered her with my jacket, got someone to pull over and stay with her while I went door to door, looking for her owner. The owner was mad at himself and not me, and called my boss the next day and told him so. I am crying right now remembering it.

I know all places are different and I'm pretty cold hearted but I've always been told if its not on the owners property don't worry about it keep rollin on.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I know all places are different and I'm pretty cold hearted but I've always been told if its not on the owners property don't worry about it keep rollin on.

No way in HELL would I ever just " keep on rollin on".

Regardless of fault, you have a moral obligation to (a) render aid to the dog if it is still alive, (b) get it out of the road if possible, and (c) make a reasonable effort to notify the owner or the local animal control agency.

An injured animal lying in the road is a traffic hazard that needs to be dealt with, both for the animals sake and for the other vehicles on the road.

Johney

I will agree it was the owners responsibility for not keeping their dog fenced or tied up, but didn't it look like the driver was going a bit fast for a residential area like that? I'll admit I don't know what it looks like in either direction could be a through way street. My opinion is he was going way too fast for that area. Again it could just be the video.

rod

Retired 22 years
After watching that video I came to the conclusion----Damn--how could you not hit a dog on that crazy street?