UPS driver Shot and killed

trickpony1

I would think the cops would have had a bunch more fun watching her convulse to the rhythm of the Tazer trigger then to simply watch her fall dead.

over9five

Staff member
"you approach lethal force with lethal force"

That's stupid. Why then, do we give the cop a Taser?

Hopefully, these murdering cops will be subject to a wrongfull death lawsuit.

hoser

Industrial Slob
"you approach lethal force with lethal force"

That's stupid. Why then, do we give the cop a Taser?

Hopefully, these murdering cops will be subject to a wrongfull death lawsuit.
Tasers don't combat lethal force. They cause you to clench up, and when you have a knife in your hand and you're getting zapped...... Now that's a threat to herself as well.

And here come the lawsuits, in American style.

over9five

Staff member
"Now that's a threat to herself as well."

Are you listening to yourself?? Now you're saying they shot her THREE times to protect her from herself.

Boy, it's lucky those cops gunned her down! She could have got a serious scratch with that knife. (Coulda' got infected too!) Lucky we have cops willing to take that extra step to protect the citizens from hurting themselves.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Actually she had a boxcutter. I knew her personally and she was not a violent person. I would have to say if this happened to someone in your family, you would feel differently. I have cops in my family, and they all agree this went to far. If there was no officer on the scene with a non-lethal weapon then their duty weapon is to be the last choice.

Link to a different news story about it, with interviews from witnesses.
KGUN 9 News - KGUN-TV, the ABC affiliate in Tucson, Arizona. News, Weather. > News Story

Last we heard the DA was looking into charges against the officer..

cathyc

I knew Kristen, she was the sister of my friend, it hurts me to see some of the postings on different boards on the net. For example the person who said "sounds like she was on meth" Why are people so quick to assume that she was a druggie? Do you not realise that she was someones daughter, someones sister, someones friend!!! and that this is a very tragic loss to her family and friends. Please do not judge until you know all of the facts, Kristen was Bi Polar , the so called large knife was a box cutter and she was not waving it or charging at police, her arm was at her side according to witnesses. seems the only witnesses who think that the police officers were right in doing what was done are the police officers themselves.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I knew Kristen, she was the sister of my friend, it hurts me to see some of the postings on different boards on the net. For example the person who said "sounds like she was on meth" Why are people so quick to assume that she was a druggie? Do you not realise that she was someones daughter, someones sister, someones friend!!! and that this is a very tragic loss to her family and friends. Please do not judge until you know all of the facts, Kristen was Bi Polar , the so called large knife was a box cutter and she was not waving it or charging at police, her arm was at her side according to witnesses. seems the only witnesses who think that the police officers were right in doing what was done are the police officers themselves.
My condolences cathyc, the original story did make it sound like it was someone high, on drugs. AS usual there are two sides. I was not prejudging truly, it was my opinion on a newspaper clipping.
It is sad as officers usually recognize this kind of thing, and rarely that I am aware of is a "true" bi polar person violent. My sister was bi polar, and she was always on the depressed side, on the occasion she was on the manic side, she was off her meds and not dangerous just argumentive. The sad thing about bi polar persons is the disease tricks them into thinking they do not need meds once they are level, so they go off the meds. More so than any other mental illness. They also are very convincing when trying to get them help, as the untrained in mental illness ER attendant will think you are the sick one for bringing them for help. They can be very manipulative. The medicines also I believe cause so much havoc in their systems, that their lives are in upheaval constantly. Its a tough way to live and I dont think the medications although helpful, is very good for a body.
So forgive me for the comment about meth, but I have seen people act the way she was described, when on meth. After further articles it seems she didnt act as first portrayed. My condolences once again, Im sure it was a huge loss to many, and unnecessary .