UPS Driver Slang

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Booking off is as alien to me, as when I say we have trips, or we "bid a trip". We don't call them routes here, or anything else. If you need a sick day, then you call out. We refer to that like this: "We had 3 call outs today", or "So and So called out". Different areas of the country have different terminology for what we do. No one is correct, or weird, because they use different terms for the job.
We should start a work slang thread to describe all if the stuff we do that has so many various descriptions.

Well OK then, let's do it.

Kudos to @Marne Vet for suggesting this thread!

Last edited:

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Routes and trips are called "Runs" here. Booking off, Banging In, and Calling Out are called "Calling In" where I'm from.

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Not delivering a package ( not sheeting it) and throwing it in a tote of smalls or on the belt is called a "soaker" in my hood.

Funny you brought up "Sheeting"
I remember the office having a backup book of paper records in case a diad went down back in 2000. There were only a limited amount of Diad 3s in the building.
Would be an absolute time killer now.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
When mangement dosent like someones performance they will say he is "laying down " on them, or 'sucking pond water'

we bid on ROUTES

dont sheet a package? we refer to it as
Smoking Packages

undies

People "die" on routes. You "smoke" packages. "Sheet up" packages. Go out "blind" on routes. "Call in" sick. Easy routes are "juice". That's all I can think of 3 beers in to my Friday night.

BigBrown3605

6821686108_feff4f96c7_z.jpg
6821686108_feff4f96c7_z.jpg
We call this "The Beast".