UPS Driver Slang

JackStraw

Easy day or easy route= Tit. Also, "Like delivering the mail"
Call out= Bang out.
Extra fast worker= Runner or rabbit.
Heavy load= Blown out, bricked out.
First time on a route by yourself= Blind
Working extra slow= Throwing out the anchor.
Giving mgt. a bad day= Boning them.
Someone who thinks they can fool UPS by doing something shady= Idiot, Jackass, Dummy.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Live in a college town. We have routes that have 220 stops that are all apartments complexes. The route is called an AFA. All friend---ing Apartments. The new guys love them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We called Cover Drivers "Swing Drivers". A full package car is "blown out". A 24 foot box straight truck is a "van". Reload Shift is called Twilight Sort. Add/cuts are "splits". We "Call In" when not coming to work. I have a "gravy" route, also called the slang word for a woman's breast. A "flag pickup" was when someone hung a red flag on the door if they didn't have anything, I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Easy day or easy route= Tit. Also, "Like delivering the mail"
Call out= Bang out.
Extra fast worker= Runner or rabbit.
Heavy load= Blown out, bricked out.
First time on a route by yourself= Blind
Working extra slow= Throwing out the anchor. Whole herd of milk cows.
Giving mgt. a bad day= Boning them.
Someone who thinks they can fool UPS by doing something shady= Idiot, Jackass, Dummy.

UPSER110

haha yes most of the time, that's where the extra cars are (since they are outside), and they like to add Junk routes at the end of the day.

rod

Retired 22 years
W/L's (won't locate) was the code I used to write on packages

We had a center manager who called everyone "Meat".

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
W/L's (won't locate) was the code I used to write on packages

We had a center manager who called everyone "Meat".

We used to write "UTL" for Unable To Locate if I couldn't find something in the old days. I call the new hires touring the building with HR "Fresh Meat". My Preloader I sometimes call my "Missloader", since I usually get at least two a day from the neighboring route.

rod

Retired 22 years
We used to write "UTL" for Unable To Locate if I couldn't find something in the old days. I call the new hires touring the building with HR "Fresh Meat". My Preloader I sometimes call my "Missloader", since I usually get at least two a day from the neighboring route.

I usually called my preloader either Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder or Helen Keller.

Marne Vet

Getting a section of work from someone else is called a "split". If they pull extra stuff they weren't suppose to, and you get junk from them, we call those "bones" cause you're getting boned. We bid a "trip", and "run a trip". When we're really heavy we say we're "BALLS DEEP".