UPS Driver to face charges?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
He couldn't sue the home owner for much because the driver didn't suffer any damages, but the Sheriff could have ticket the owner for endangerment. The law will have to settle this one.

Being arrested and having to post a 500 bond is not being damaged?

Sue and let the courts throw it out.

d

browndevil

BROWN DEVIL...thanx. I think that's the first nicest comment anyone has said to me on this forum.

Kinda interesting, though, no one else has actually commented about my lil' letter, but they sure take my lil quips and run with em within their own postings. WHATEVER!!!:you_go_girl:
What I am gathering from your posts is you actually give a crap about our company and that is something I admire. You have not come in here bad mouthing and you seem to want to offer solutions. BTW my best preloaders have always been female. I am just partial that way. Women have the ability to multi-task and care about load quality JMHO

backinbrown

respect my authority
http://www.wapt.com/video/index.html

Great thread,

my two cents, if the driver used a pipe as a weapon and the cops found it, he's toast.

I think it's a profile view of his DIAD and there was no weapon, I could not establish from the video.

Hope the video link works for those of you who haven't seen it.

If you look at it when dog is first behind driver it looks like his tail is up and and happy

then it looks like when driver turned around quick dog crouched down, dogs tail was between his legs.

like it was scared maybe that was after the diad blow.

i don't think it was a pipe but maybe it was.

i am leaning to wards dog came up behind him to say whats up driver got scared and out of reflex from dog bieng behind him swung out of surprise

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere
After watching the video I wouldn't blam the driver for hitting the dog. I don't think he had time the judge if the dog was going to bite or not. He reacted to protect him self. The question is what did he know about the stop before he decided to get out and make the delivery and put himself in that position.
Back first !!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just saw the video. Aside from the driver pulling into the driveway, which is an obviously bad method, did I hear right, when the dogs owner said he left his vehicle running? How did the dogs owner know this? Was he there? Why didn't he come out to restrain his dog/s? There's more to the story than a video that just jumps to the scene of the incident. Also, you can't really rely on the news account. They interview a family that has 5 cats to get their take on the story, why?

In my honest opinion, it all boils down to doing the job the right way, the first time. Follow the methods, don't get in trouble. Count 1,2,3 before making a decision that will cost you your job.:dissapointed:

NJ12hrday

That dog ran up on him. I don't blame the guy. If I was that center manager I would make that customer come to the customer counter and pick their stuff up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
you can tell that the mutt was lunging for him...and whats up with having 9 different security cameras on your property??This fact alone tells me that the dog(s) are being used for security purposes. I would sue the owner, the dog has probably gone through security classes also...thats B.S.!! Everybody has heard the ol "my dog doesnt bite line", its betting pretty old and all of these dog owners better start leashing your mutts!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I couldn't see the video, so I didn't get all the information you did. Harding dogs heard. They circle around you and bite at you heels from behind. I would hit the dog, too if I knew the dog was going to bite me. For the dog to loose an eye is better than it to bite a person by far. If the dog was running at large why wouldn't the sheriff site the owner? Not only that, but instead he places the driver under arrest and is need to be bailed out! That's strange!!

I might be reading more into than what is there but when the owner says:

"It's obvious he's gone way past the line," Storey said. "I understand protecting yourself, (but) this is putting yourself in a position where nothing good can come from it."

The owner admits the right for a person to defend himself from an attacking dog, but question why he was in that position that he had to defend him self in the first place. The owner didn't call his dog a "guard dogs" the person who wrote the article did. That don't change the merit of the case at all.

He couldn't sue the home owner for much because the driver didn't suffer any damages, but the Sheriff could have ticket the owner for endangerment. The law will have to settle this one.

If the driver looses his job, couldnt he sue over that...including ups. How many drivers are bit in a year??? Its time for the dog owners to start taking responsibility once in a while...its bull. And has anyone thought that maybe the pipe was already in the yard, and he picked it up to defend himself. Lets say that he used his diad to knock the dog in the head and instead of the eye, the driver broke the dogs jaw...I bet this same story would be playing out. Also from the video it looks like there was no fence anywhere so maybe dr'ing to a gate was not an option. Should have skipped the eye and knocked the dog in the skull.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just saw the video. Aside from the driver pulling into the driveway, which is an obviously bad method, did I hear right, when the dogs owner said he left his vehicle running? How did the dogs owner know this? Was he there? Why didn't he come out to restrain his dog/s? There's more to the story than a video that just jumps to the scene of the incident. Also, you can't really rely on the news account. They interview a family that has 5 cats to get their take on the story, why?

In my honest opinion, it all boils down to doing the job the right way, the first time. Follow the methods, don't get in trouble. Count 1,2,3 before making a decision that will cost you your job.:dissapointed:

Right steve, if they were watching this happen I hope the owners get sued. If you know your dog is capable of biting someone, and you dont do something, you can be help responsible. Doesnt it concern anyone that the owners have 9 video cameras on the property...this should be a red flag, and would make me wonder if the dogs were there for a security purpose 1st and a family mutt 2nd.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Right steve, if they were watching this happen I hope the owners get sued. If you know your dog is capable of biting someone, and you dont do something, you can be help responsible. Doesnt it concern anyone that the owners have 9 video cameras on the property...this should be a red flag, and would make me wonder if the dogs were there for a security purpose 1st and a family mutt 2nd.

Dog looked visciuos when the camers crew was there huh

i was shocked at how uncontrolable the dog was in the presence of the camera crew.

that dog is a big baby and i still say driver over reacted jmo

bring in on dog haters:devil3:

Last edited:

backinbrown

respect my authority
this guy is delivering air should we mayby ask the regular del driver how the dogs are i would love to know that info.

mayby the dog was looking for UPS yummys

backinbrown

respect my authority
was smelling for them

young and inpatient

poor dog

do they have seeing eye dogs for dogs

i like dogs more than some people i have met