UPS Driver to face charges?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Least

The sheriff arrested him on what criminal charge? And who swore out that warrant that the sheriff used?

The home owner.

The sheriff can not do anything to someone unless they saw him commit the crime. They have to rely on the other people for a statement to arrest anyone else.

d

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
I agree 100%

do what you can

comon people you know damn well that you have other options than killing a dog

I am sorry little timmy and susy but the UPS guy killed fluffy

Nice headline for the next days paper

Public will not take kindly to that

No its more like...Sorry Timmy and Susy I was too lazy to tie fluffy up and he attacked the UPS man and he struck fluffy and fluffy died. If only I had him tied up none of this would have happened. Am I supposed to let some 100lb dog bite my face because I'm worried about Timmy and Susy? Get Real.....its an animal. I don't blame the dog...I blame the owner.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No its more like...Sorry Timmy and Susy I was too lazy to tie fluffy up and he attacked the UPS man and he struck fluffy and fluffy died. If only I had him tied up none of this would have happened. Am I supposed to let some 100lb dog bite my face because I'm worried about Timmy and Susy? Get Real.....its an animal. I don't blame the dog...I blame the owner.

squirlygirly

What I am gathering from your posts is you actually give a crap about our company and that is something I admire. You have not come in here bad mouthing and you seem to want to offer solutions. BTW my best preloaders have always been female. I am just partial that way. Women have the ability to multi-task and care about load quality JMHO

Browndevil, where exactly in Northern California do you work in? If you don't wanna post it, feel free to let me know privately...just curious, your secret would be safe with me!!! ~:->

P.S....BTW GREATLY appreciate what others refuse/cannot see! ~:->

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dog looked visciuos when the camers crew was there huh

i was shocked at how uncontrolable the dog was in the presence of the camera crew.

that dog is a big baby and i still say driver over reacted jmo

bring in on dog haters:devil3:

I bet it takes you two hours to decide where to go for lunch?

And you believe everything you see on a staged? Hello! Its a controlled environment! Totally a different setting than what the driver faced.

Not a dog hater. but facing reality, which is something you seem to have a hard time doing.

i like dogs more than some people i have met

Yup. and some dogs are a hell of a lot smarter than some people too.

Interesting. Just watched a video of a serial rapist and murderer. He didnt look dangerous either. And said he was totally Innocent as well. And since I saw it on TV, I guess he is totally harmless?

Wonder what the women and girls thought about him as he raped and then killed. Unfortunately, we will never know.

d

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
for gods sake its a dog
That dog may have been the cutest friendly`st most adorable animal in the world but at the end of the day its still just a dog and no one can say if it would or would not have bit the driver. He did the right thing and I cant believe he got arested for protecting himself. Unless your a vegan, you have no right to condem what this driver did when animals are treated much worse than this and abused for us to eat burgers or kentucky fried. How do you think those leather workboots got on your feet ?
Out of site out of mind I guess, people need to put things in perspective.:angry:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only question I still have is whether he was carrying something other than the DIAD while making the delivery. If he was than that would tell me that he knew that this delivery could present some issues for him and that he was going to make sure that he was able to defend himself if the need were to arise and probably should have either chosen an alternate delivery location or simply left an info notice and sheeted the pkg as such, citing "Dogs" in the remarks column.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Up

I had several deliveries where I had a left over shovel handle in the truck, and took it with me on the delivery. Never had to use it, but it was enough a deterrent to keep the dogs at a respectful distance.

Also used a wire for a while. It used to be one of those wires that hold the bottom of a bed frame together. The hook at one end made it nice to hang next to the door. The end was sharpened to poke with. Dogs knew I had something, but everybody else could not see it.

While the "pipe" was not readily seen in the attack, the driver most likely had something to protect himself from the dogs.

It is the Reagan style security. Make them understand that if they attack, the response will be swift with enough force behind it to keep them from doing it again.

d

BigBrownSanta

The only question I still have is whether he was carrying something other than the DIAD while making the delivery. If he was than that would tell me that he knew that this delivery could present some issues for him and that he was going to make sure that he was able to defend himself if the need were to arise and probably should have either chosen an alternate delivery location or simply left an info notice and sheeted the pkg as such, citing "Dogs" in the remarks column.

If you pause the video, you can move the slider and view the video almost frame by frame.

At the part where he is driving up the driveway to the house, you can see a dog in the lower left corner for a brief second. The driver knew the dog(s) were there when he got out of the truck.

rocket man

hey steve how many post do you need to do to make a point ? or do you like seeing your picture? The driver should not went in yard . scann area. THE DOGS should have bit him.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
hey steve how many post do you need to do to make a point ? or do you like seeing your picture? The driver should not went in yard . scann area. THE DOGS should have bit him.

Was that a dig? If I have repeated myself, I apologize. I usually just go with the flow of the posts.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Rocket

Glad to know where you stand. I bet everyone where you work depends on you having their back? I usually dont negative rep much, but.......

The point is that he had a right to be in that yard. He knew the dogs were there, and went in with something to defend himself with. Happens every day at UPS. Done it many many times myself. Usually the dogs learn to stay back, and there are no problems.

In this case the dog went after him from behind. My guess is the driver heard the sound and reacted to the threat. Properly so.

And Kudos to UPS for standing behind the driver, unlike some of the spineless people we have on this site. Does not happen often enough these days.

d

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere
Least

The sheriff arrested him on what criminal charge? And who swore out that warrant that the sheriff used?

The home owner.

The sheriff can not do anything to someone unless they saw him commit the crime. They have to rely on the other people for a statement to arrest anyone else.

d
Hey D,
The article said:
Sheriff Martin Pace said the driver was released from custody Tuesday on a $500 bond on an animal injury charge.

An arrest warrant is a warrant issued by and on behalf of the state, which authorizes the arrest and detention of an individual. An arrest warrant must be supported by a signed and swornaffidavit showingprobable cause that:
  1. a specific crime has been committed, and
  2. the person(s) named in the warrant committed said crime.
In most jurisdictions, an arrest warrant is required for misdemeanors that do not occur within view of a police officer.

I don't know the evidence the sheriff collected, but one would think that he looked at the dog, the video, and the owners property and questioned the owner and driver, before charging the driver for a crime. It would nice to know the whole story, so I don't know who's right and who's wrong. The law will decide the drivers fate.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
An arrest warrant must be supported by a signed and sworn Affidavit showing Probable_cause that:
Which was done by the owner.

And now afterwards, he is also trying to get the jury of public opinion on his side by doing the stage shows the news media is so willing to do.

Like I said, I would sue and let the judge throw it out.

d

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere
I seen the video the media showed and it looked like the dog was about to bit him. I would believe that anyone that has been bit by a dog would defend him or her self the similar way. I don't know why he would put him self in the position where no good could come from it, unless he had no knowledge of the dogs.

We had a driver that got bitten bad by a Dalmatian on the hand. There were three Dalmatians and he was petting two when the third one bit him. He sued the owner for damages and the judge threw it out. The driver had to pay for the lawyer and all court costs. If you pay a lawyer enough he will take a merit less case against the owner.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I bet it takes you two hours to decide where to go for lunch?

And you believe everything you see on a staged? Hello! Its a controlled environment! Totally a different setting than what the driver faced.

Not a dog hater. but facing reality, which is something you seem to have a hard time doing.

Yup. and some dogs are a hell of a lot smarter than some people too.

Interesting. Just watched a video of a serial rapist and murderer. He didnt look dangerous either. And said he was totally Innocent as well. And since I saw it on TV, I guess he is totally harmless?

Wonder what the women and girls thought about him as he raped and then killed. Unfortunately, we will never know.

d

did you read all my posts or pick one and decided to make yourself look smarter.

i have said that we have to defend ourselves.

my problem was with the people who said they would kill the dog.

What does taking two hours to decide were to go for lunch have to do with this was that your attempt at making yourself look superior to me.

You want to compare this to a rapist murderer hmmm i dint see the similarities.

but apparently my opinion should be kept to myself.

Dannyboy i have always thought your posts were good and most of the time agree with you but not here.

my comment about the video was same as yours but you are to blind to see the connection to interested in putting me down

i was saying you cant tell from the video the whole story

as far as dog inside house video once again that was my opinion and i thought i was aloud to have one here without fear of bieng beliitled by your apparent superior knowledge of what i mean in my posts.

I will think twice before i post again apparently i cant have an opinion
that is different than yours

i may loose friends over this because i know from reading posts that you are liked well

just thought i could defend the killing of a dog if i chose to. i knew i would take heat some people here are saying i think driver was wrong. i wasnt there neither was you.

mayby im not as articulate as you but so be it i thought the [point of bc was to have an opinion

anyway mayby i should just stop posting because when someone whos posts i have read and respected puts me down kinda takes the fun out of B/C for me.